R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Information on a console  (Read 1175 times)

how_gauche

Information on a console
« on: May 02, 2005, 02:58:38 PM »

Hi,

I'm evaluating a console right now, and I'm wondering if anyone can give me any information on it. It's an "Itom MkII": pictures can be found here:
http://subrosa.ca/psw/

I've done only very limited testing but this console sounds really nice. I'm pretty sure it's all-discrete inside, and there are limiters on each of the bus channels. It's a weird desk: no mutes, no phantom power, xlr inputs only, stepped gain, etc. I have an opportunity to pick this up for $400 CDN after tax, which seems like a steal.

There is one issue that gives me pause, however, and that is that at high gain settings the desk "flutters" or "tremolos" intermittently. This happens for any channel on bus 1 (I haven't had a chance to try the other busses yet, I just picked this up yesterday).

My question is, what could cause this? Is this something inherent to the design of the desk, or is there something wrong with it? Is re-capping the desk going to be necessary? Any information that anyone could provide about this desk (google gives me nothing) or about the audio problem I'm having with it would be much appreciated.

- Gregory Collins

daQuad

Re: Information on a console
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 03:29:44 PM »

your tremolo sounds like what is called motorboating, could be a bad cap, or just funky design of a handmade piece, as I don't know this brand, I cant comment from direct experience...

"Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 19 queries.