R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Florida.. new gun-law!!:)  (Read 14829 times)

George_

Florida.. new gun-law!!:)
« on: April 28, 2005, 01:44:34 AM »

and?

who was the first of you (people from florida) who did the first successful shot?Wink

woow, im impressed about jeb bush, very nice handling of problems..
"BORN A ROCKER, DIE A ROCKER"

George Necola

bblackwood

Re: Florida.. new gun-law!!:)
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 08:05:20 AM »

Gearslutzer wrote on Thu, 28 April 2005 00:44

and?

who was the first of you (people from florida) who did the first successful shot?Wink

woow, im impressed about jeb bush, very nice handling of problems..

Takes the house and senate to get it to him in the first place - sounds like it had lots of support...

"The overwhelming vote margins and bipartisan support for the Florida gun bill -- it passed unanimously in the state Senate and was approved 94 to 20 in the state House, with nearly a dozen Democratic co-sponsors -- have alarmed some national gun-control advocates, who say a measure that made headlines in Florida slipped beneath their radar."
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

Level

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 09:35:19 AM »

Hopefully they will (cops) take domestic violence more seriously. Welcome to the ok corral.
http://balancedmastering.com

"Listen and Learn"
---Since 1975---

Gideon

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 12:40:47 PM »

Rober A. Heinlein wrote:

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
Gideon Egger
May Ying Music, Inc.
Hell's Kitchen NYC

I put 4 compressors in series and i got more Milk and Cream and Thick sound out of the audio but why?

-Walters

t(h)ik

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 02:42:35 PM »

I guess Heinlein was a twit.

I used to be self effacing, but I couldn't even do that right....
www.pmtstudios.com

Jonas as

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2005, 04:24:30 PM »

Middle ages Crying or Very Sad

t(h)ik

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2005, 06:08:15 PM »

Actually, he lived into his seventies  Laughing
www.pmtstudios.com

danickstr

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2005, 08:19:15 PM »

the gun law argument goes something like this:

Pro:
guns don't kill people...people kill people.  When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

Con:
x number of children are killed annually by improperly stored guns, or accidental firings or blah blah blah.  guns are misused and stolen by various unsavory and psychotics

Basic analysis:

Guns are deadly weapons. and recreational commodities.
The reality of the general citizenry being able to defend themselves from a corrupt government with handguns and uzis is extremely bizarre and unlikely.
criminals will always have guns.
children will die from guns.  and cars. and electricity. and poisonous bottles advertised on TV.
Guns are an equalizing way to defend oneself from a madman breaking into the sanctity of one's own home.

Verdict?

Well IMO guns are not the problem.  Guns are a final line of defense for the family from lunatics, but guns are, well, deadly liabilities.  gusn are designed for killing, but for sport as well.  humans are too smart to be outwitted by a lack of a gun if they have murder on their minds.

I would love to live in a society where guns are not necessary.  I do not.  Gusn keep the peace in many ways.  So keep the two-week waiting period and don't sell guns to criminals.  I like the ability to go and buy a gun if I feel that my loved ones are at risk from howver an unlikely scenario.

Hats off to the sane countries of the world that have drastically fractional deaths in comparison to us due to handguns to report annually.

Shame on America for being gun-killing freaks. What is it about most of the European Nations (and Canada) that make it seem so unimaginable to get a gun and go kill someone in town?  Why do they see their fellow countrymen as having an inalienable right to live? I am convinced it ties into our protestant ethic towards sex.  Lets fix that first, and the gun deaths will melt away.  Don't make little Johnny feel like a piece of scum for having a natural sexual thought, you are driving him to KILL. Seems to work in every other rational civilized nation throughout the industrialized world.

Florida is under two levels of Bush rule, let's not go too hard on them.
Nick Dellos - MCPE  

Food for thought for the future:              http://http://www.kurzweilai.net/" target="_blank">http://www.kurzweilai.net/www.physorg.com

Jerry Tubb

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2005, 02:45:56 AM »

I would rather have a gun and NOT need it, than need a gun and NOT have one.

I've got a shotgun, haven't fired it in years, too hard on the ears!

I Grok Heinlein !

Peace  Cool
Terra Nova Mastering
Celebrating 20 years of Mastering!

George_

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2005, 06:59:00 AM »

it's very interesting..

is there a DNA or something else in the heads of american people?? THIS I MUST HAVE A GUN OR I WILL DIE-syndrome??

Quote:

I would love to live in a society where guns are not necessary. I do not. Gusn keep the peace in many ways. So keep the two-week waiting period and don't sell guns to criminals. I like the ability to go and buy a gun if I feel that my loved ones are at risk from howver an unlikely scenario.

Guns keep the peace in many ways?? I never heard such a bullshit in many years?? you are not the only american who thinks this way.. i dont know which deamon exactly rides you(and your brothers)..

Quote:

I like the ability to go and buy a gun if I feel that my loved ones are at risk

this is just stupid! sorry, people might have diffrent religions, diffrent background culture.. but this statement is typicall for an american.. and this leads us to the question:

why is a nation who thinks like this able to rule the world, or to tell someone, he's a terrorist and a bad human..

please think again.. maybe mr. michael moore has some problems to do serious filming.. but in the main principal, he's right. the typical american is a proud, mad, lucky asshole who cares just for himself and for his family..

we are living in 2005.. please grow up and leave your cowboy-acting behind you..

think again.. this was not the masterplan.. shure you would have an one arm and and another arm (weapon)Wink

George Necola

Loco

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2005, 09:41:10 AM »

danickstr wrote on Fri, 06 May 2005 20:19

gusn are designed for killing, but for sport as well.

If a gun is designed for sport, it shall not hurt or kill. Is there a point on hunting pigeons with an Uzi?

Having a gun around is a dangerous thing. The chances of being shot by accident are higher than being shot intentionally.

Now that the law allows guns on everyone's hands and the possibility of being used under almost any circumstance, the crime rate will go up for sure due to "accidental" shootings on backyards. Not a good thing.
Carlos "El Loco" Bedoya

"There's no right, there's no wrong. There's only popular opinion"   Jeffrey Goines
http://www.tukanart.com

t(h)ik

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2005, 10:09:57 AM »

Gearslutzer wrote on Tue, 17 May 2005 12:59

is there a DNA or something else in the heads of american people?? THIS I MUST HAVE A GUN OR I WILL DIE-syndrome??

The Swiss are one of the most armed countries on earth, and sell to anyone...

So stuff it...In a purely Saloon type way...and not a REP Forum type way.
www.pmtstudios.com

danickstr

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2005, 10:58:33 AM »

well i am not about to shoot anyone so you are picking on the wrong guy.  i own an italian handgun and haven't shot it in 10 years.  I had it when i lived in a seedy neighborhood in LA.  i probably don't need it anymore, but I would love to see your reaction to gang members rifling through your garage at 2 am and a 911 call in my hood takes about an hour to get a response.  that is the plain sad truth.  if i ever had to shoot anyone that had broken into my house (extremely rare possibility)  i would shoot a knife-wielder in the leg.  a gun toter i would have to put down I am not ashamed to say.

I am about as liberal as one can get.  living with drug-infected and vendetta-challenged people on the streets doesnt mean i have to wait for them to come in my house and harm me or my friends or family just cause they are feeling desperate.  i agree they need help, but i am not a professional.  so i just kill them..lol.  obviously a poor joke, but the point is that society has limited resources.  if you want to donate any cash to psychiatric help for the lunatics of my old neighborhood, feel free, their mothers will thank you for it, and so will i.  til then, if you can't fix the problem, then don't criticize someone who only wants to maintain order in a area of desperation.  
Nick Dellos - MCPE  

Food for thought for the future:              http://http://www.kurzweilai.net/" target="_blank">http://www.kurzweilai.net/www.physorg.com

George_

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2005, 05:24:12 AM »

Quote:

The Swiss are one of the most armed countries on earth, and sell to anyone...

haha.. yeah, every swissman who is in military service has a riffle @home with exactly 25shots in a capsuled box. every year you has to go for 2 weeks in a kinda repetitioncourse.. you have to show the box.. if it's open you have to pay and go to prison..

google and take a look at the killingstatistics.. 9 last year by guns..

The gun doesnt kill people, it's the man/woman who fires it.. ok?

Quote:

well i am not about to shoot anyone so you are picking on the wrong guy. i own an italian handgun and haven't shot it in 10 years. I had it when i lived in a seedy neighborhood in LA. i probably don't need it anymore, but I would love to see your reaction to gang members rifling through your garage at 2 am and a 911 call in my hood takes about an hour to get a response. that is the plain sad truth. if i ever had to shoot anyone that had broken into my house (extremely rare possibility) i would shoot a knife-wielder in the leg. a gun toter i would have to put down I am not ashamed to say.

than we have to discuss about: why do you have gangs who brake in your house;) we dont even have gangs..

George Necola

danickstr

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2005, 09:49:06 AM »

ok at least we can agree that we have gangs because of our bad domestic policy.  I admit that.  these kids see their parents without a chance in hell for a good job, and they say, "screw that" I will take what i want.  this is in some part a result of racial biasing and stereotyping which is the republicans doing more than it is the democrats.  

america has a bunch of people who had great grandparents that were forced to come here as slaves, so they feel displaced on a very deep level I am sure.  And then we have the illegal aliens sneaking over the border for a less corrupt lifestyle, which i think they should have, but then they have wealth rubbed in their noses and they cant get it easily, so they get frustrated.  these are just two plausible reasons that we have gangs and gang-related crime.  

When the Benz drives down your street with Joe Yuppy white bread in it and your father is working at some crap job, you can say "i want to try to get rich in a good way, or I can go join a gang and try my luck with my life"  there is a weird vibe here with the materialistic people feeling they are better than the minorities.  I can't stand the whole mess, but gov't programs to fix this are run by the people who didn't sell out, which means often that they are not able to be crooked enough to get things done. its a mess.

i like america. it may sound like i don't, but i think there is still a spirit of greatness here, just not fully awakened under the current administration.  
Nick Dellos - MCPE  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.