R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Plans" demos  (Read 12287 times)

honeypower

"Plans" demos
« on: April 25, 2005, 10:46:48 AM »

Hello Chris,

First off, I just wanted to say thank you for taking time out of the surely hectic days of recording you are currently involved in to talk to us. I was wondering if you might be able to give me a better idea of the state of a DCFC demo is in before you begin the recording process in earnest. In other words: how complete is the demo song concept usually before you enter into the studio to track? Is there arrangements for most instruments (vox/guitar/drums/bass) already worked out or is it more just rough guitar parts and vocal ideas, and the rest is just fleshed out in the studio? Also, what is Ben using to record the demos he brings in: 4/8 track cassette? Standalone Digital recorder? DAW? Tape?

any input/feedback is greatly appreciated.

-Ed

WALLA

Re: "Plans" demos
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 10:39:47 PM »

Hello, Ed.

Ben's demos are in varying stages of completion when he brings them to us; sometimes 4-track tapes with guitars and vocals only, sometimes complete arrangements, sometimes over-arranged stuff (which usually happens with a song he's not sure about).  He's been doing the bulk of his demos with Reason, Pro Tools and his M-Box.  I'm trying to push him toward Logic, but we'll see what happens.

[listen]
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.