R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 2-channel mic pres below $2k  (Read 13511 times)

compasspnt

Re: 2-channel mic pres below $2k
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2005, 10:33:46 AM »

Yes Jeff,

Good choice the BAE.

You also have approx. the same choice with the API lunchbox.

The reason many recommend the 3124 is because it is cost effective per module, if you are buying 4.  But you do lose the flexibility of adding diffent EQ or dynamics modules into that one.

By the way, I have both the BAE and the API mic pre's and they are both excellent.  The only things I liked less about BAE was that there is no LED metering, and the knob hardware is a bit "wank."  Haven't tried the BAE EQ, but I hear from third parties that it is very good.

Vertigo

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2005, 01:22:00 PM »

Quote:

the knob hardware is a bit "wank."

Is that a technical term?

Laughing

-Lance

Bubblepuppy

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2005, 11:44:23 PM »

AT 305 McCurdy Line Tube preamp on Ebay $50
Anyone ever heard of these units?
"Trust Your Ears Not The Gear"

Ryan Leigh Patterson

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2005, 04:59:11 AM »

How 'bout the OSA stuff?  I've been eyeing them for a while... that and the SCA kits...
Hell, I want every thing, well almost everything, I don't want any Wackie Bear Ringer crap.., or any Peavey stuff for that matter I think I've got a thing for mic pres... almost as bad as I used to have it for guitar amps...
but at least I'm "Peavey Free" shit, I've been Peavey free for almost 8 years now.  Not one single piece of Peavey stuff left, oh except that ole amp sitting in my Dads garage back home, oh, and that other one in a murky dank basement in Montreal.... oopps, guess I'm not Peavey free... sort of like Rat Shack eh..

I digress
Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed
Ryan Patterson
Toronto, Ontario
www.myspace.com/ryanlpatterson

John Ivan

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2005, 03:00:12 AM »

I own a bunch of Peavey stuff. Tube amp wise, I'm waiting for Marshal to build ONE guitar amp as well as some of the pv amps I have. On a local level, I am also waiting for someone to get a guitar tone that begins to sorta come almost even a little bit maybe close to my tones,, ;-}

When I picked up my PV AMR Production console, I listened very very closely to the Mackie 8 buss mixers along side mine. Not even close. I mean, The Mackie sounded,,, BAD sitting next to my PV console.. The peavey reminds me very much of the soundcraft stuff I spent a lot of hours on.

Just my 2 cents,,  ;-}

Ivan........

P,S, I heard and used the AMR tube pre and thought it sounded real good.
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

nobby

« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2005, 07:49:31 PM »

Ryan Leigh Patterson wrote on Sat, 26 November 2005 04:59

but at least I'm "Peavey Free" shit, I've been Peavey free for almost 8 years now.  Not one single piece of Peavey stuff left, oh except that ole amp sitting in my Dads garage back home, oh, and that other one in a murky dank basement in Montreal.... oopps, guess I'm not Peavey free... sort of like Rat Shack eh..

You will have to pry my VMP-2 from my cold, dead hands.

Of course, they only made it for a relatively short period of time -- I think it violated the company philosophy Very Happy

"Rock 'n' Roll, if it were a movie, would be Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom."

~ Slipperman

RIP Steve "Loudist" Gursky

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.