R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sonoris dither plugin released for SAWStudio workstations  (Read 2632 times)

TotalSonic

Sonoris dither plugin released for SAWStudio workstations
« on: April 19, 2005, 10:14:45 PM »

Yeah - I know most people on this forum are using other apps for their mastering chores - but figured for those who open to checking out other viable PC native software options - and in particular an app whose implementation of internal processing math is superior to many other options - then SAWStudio might be of interest to you.

One of the things I've been highly critical of though is SAW's native dithering options - simply put - until now they've been pretty clunky - and I've usually used a variety of DX & VST plugins (i.e. Waves IDR, Sweetboy RDR, the Megabitmax implementation found in Izotope Ozone) to date for most of my work.  

Until now that is - as Sonoris has released a SAW native dither plugin which in my testing has performed better than Waves IDR, Megabitmax, and all the other dither options that I have.  

(I don't have POW-R or UV22 to compare it to though - although if someone wants to send me some test files to requantize I'd be glad to post the results if someone wants to do a comparison)

It has TPDF and High Pass TPDF algorithms along with options for fifth order noise shaping and two "flavors" of ninth order noise shaping.

It's also fully automateable so if for some reason you feel like doing silly stuff like going to digital black in between tracks or changing noise shaping options on the fly to suit the material better - you can do it easily.  

More info is at http://www.sonoris.nl/nl.htm?/nl/sdtr.asp&tekst1

Best regards,
Steve Berson
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 19 queries.