R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: It concerns me...  (Read 2958 times)

TheViking

Re: It concerns me...
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2005, 03:54:53 PM »

Yeah...   I'm good friends with this band Down to Earth Approach that just put out a record on Vagrant and the vocals are so apparently Auto-Tuned that it doesn't even sound like it's him.   Like, I've worked with these guys a bunch and Jon is a great vocalist.   We did a bunch of demos a couple years ago at Starfields in Buffalo when I still worked there and tracked it all on RADAR.   No plugins or AutoTune.   The stuff sounded awesome.

Go and listen to the record - www.downtoearthapproach.com.   It streams from their site.   I'll try to send J. some of the demos we did and maybe he can post them here to compare.   It's crazy!

Oh, and last night I went to see Jimmy Eat World at Cornell in Ithaca.   IT ROCKED!!!   They even let Tom sing a couple songs from Clarity and Static Prevails.   Amazing show!   Tight band!   Jim Adkins is a great performer agreed!!!   No AT needed!

For those interested, they opened with 'To Me This is Heaven' and closed with 'Sweetness'.   I can die a happy man!!!

The Vike
Is this thing on?

Kevin Bruchert / The Viking
www.myspace.com/thevikingproducer

j.hall

Re: It concerns me...
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2005, 04:10:23 PM »

since they are demos, of a label release i'll be happy to post clips but not the full song versions.

i doubt we'll get in trouble, but i think as engineers and producers we need to promote the ethics of our jobs.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.