R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Apple G4 for recording  (Read 2655 times)

christiannokes

Re: Apple G4 for recording
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2005, 02:55:15 PM »

Yeah, the one I would be buying is 400 mhz.  I'm thinking I should go with the cutting edge and get the G5.  I will probably end up using it a lot more than I am thinking.  Sure, it is more money, but I do want the best.  Thanks guys!

judah

Re: Apple G4 for recording
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2005, 06:05:39 AM »

christiannokes wrote on Thu, 14 April 2005 20:55

Yeah, the one I would be buying is 400 mhz.  I'm thinking I should go with the cutting edge and get the G5.  I will probably end up using it a lot more than I am thinking.  Sure, it is more money, but I do want the best.  Thanks guys!

Bought a shiny new G5 a couple months ago. I used to work with a G4/400 for almost 4 years, with OS9, DP3, Motu 2408, UAD1 and some Waves plugs. Mixed a heavy metal record with more than 50 tracks per song (24/44.1). No problems. You can tweak OS9 as much as you like, disabling almost everything. I kept the G4 for location jobs. Recorded a live band few months ago with it, 23 tracks at 24/44.1, no problems at all. Very very reliable. It's just a matter of make it happen. When you bounce to disk something it is kinda slow compared to a G5, but asided that there are no big problems. If you intend to work with a "classic" rock setup (drums, bass, guitars, some overdubs, few plugs), there is nothing a G4 can't do.

Cheers.

R.
Ronnie Amighetti
DIESEL
Laboratorio di registrazione sonora

"I'm fucking busy and vice versa."
Dolly Parton
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 17 queries.