Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Apple  (Read 4867 times)

Extreme Mixing

Apple
« on: February 08, 2011, 03:31:12 PM »

I know there are many who don't like Apple.  But I wanted to post my story.

I purchased a Quad Core Xenon Mac just over three years ago.  During the past couple of months it became clear that the FireWire port was having some troubles.  I suddenly realized that I was almost out of warranty.  I took the computer in and it turned out that it was 6 days past my extended warranty period of 3 years.  They extended the warranty and fixed it anyway.  Almost.  The repair didn't fix the problem.  So I brought it back in.  After 9 days waiting for a new Logic board and a firewire cable harness, they called to apologize for the inconvenience and to tell me what they would like to do.  They wanted to GIVE ME A NEW COMPUTER.

So last night I picked up my new Mac Pro Quadcore with the Nehalem processor.  It was a very cool way to be treated.  I have a 1 year warranty on the computer and I bought the Apple Care 2 year extended warranty for $199.  How cool is that?

I'm not sure any other company would have handled this way.

As a side note, the past 3 or 4 weeks have been some of my busiest ever.  During this time I have mixed 20 songs on my little white MacBook!!!  Thanks to Pro Tools unlocking PT 9, I was able to do the work and no one noticed any sonic difference.  Luckily the track counts were small, and I didn't need to use many virtual instruments, since it was all just mixing.  It reminded me that I don't need all those expensive plugs to do the work.

Steve

Extreme Mixing

Re: Apple
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 10:05:49 PM »

Sorry Terry.  I seem to have SHUT THIS SITE DOWN with my new topic.

Steve

Fletcher

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 11:10:41 AM »

Very cool story... the site doesn't officially open until March 1st 2011... so its not that you shut its down, its that you're ahead of the curve and early to the party.

Peace.
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

davesanridge

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 12:36:37 AM »

That is AWESOME!

My macbook pro recently blew up (not really) too and I also got similar levels of service.
They replaces the whole logic board for free and I was super relieved. It was even outside
of it's warranty by a year. Killer.

Good to hear about PT9 too, I can't wait to get it . Aaah!

franman

• Real Full Name: Francis Manzella
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 08:16:22 PM »

That's an impressive example of customer service for sure.. Way to go Apple! I think they appreciate those who purchase the AppleCare upgrade... Let's just say Dell would say (has said) to me... Tough shit! Warranty is over!
Francis Manzella
President - FM Design Ltd www.fmdesign.com
Managing Director - Griffin Audio USA www.griffinaudiousa.com

bigbone

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 08:27:32 AM »

That is AWESOME!

My macbook pro recently blew up (not really) too and I also got similar levels of service.
They replaces the whole logic board for free and I was super relieved. It was even outside
of it's warranty by a year. Killer.

Good to hear about PT9 too, I can't wait to get it . Aaah!

That's funny, the same thing happen to me last year with my MacBookPro and they fix it also for free,even if my warranty was over.

JN

0dbfs

• Marketplace
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 12:32:05 PM »

They fixed/replaced the logic board on my MBP and I didn't even get the apple care. This was after owning it new for three years. There was an issue identified with the graphics driver chipset which went back to the manufacturer of the chipset. I believe that nvidia ended up paying for all of these so this was not covered under apple care anyway.

In any case, I was both surprised and thrilled.

Best,
jb
Jonathan Burtner
Music is Everything!
Audio is Everything Else!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 21 queries.