R/E/P > Terry Manning

Roger Waters @ Compass Point

<< < (2/6) > >>

bblackwood:
Brian Kehew wrote on Wed, 23 March 2005 11:16
Trivia quiz, on the line: "Each man has his price, Bob. And yours was pretty low." Who was Bob, And why did he get mentioned by name on the record?

I've always heard it was a shot at Bob Ezrin for pulling out of producing KAOS and doing MLOR...

[Edit: upon thinking about it, I did some research and found this:
Quote:
Waters explains this line: "When we recorded the album I would sometimes rehearse vocal takes by impersonating Bob Dylan.  That line originally read  'Each man has his price my friends...' so make of that what you will. As a  joke I sung 'Bob' instead and Pat insisted that we left it in. So although  it was unintentional I'm happy that it's there for Bob Ezrin. I hope he  appreciates it."  (Bob Ezrin had originally agreed to produce Roger's _Radio KAOS_, but backed out of the deal to produce MLoR.)

so I guess that answers it, right?]

Dennis Allen Cupp:
Well, Its bob ezrin. And what a great line.

Why did he say that? Well, i think part of it was due to the fact that he (guys forgive me...) 'whored' himself out to Pink Fraud (the other guys that carried on the name). I belive that was the Intent of that line. Which was was rebuffed on Pink Fraud's album "Division Bell" during the Boxing bell part of one of the tracks...where Dave says he offered the olive branch to "his Enemy's" and was told to "Go and F*ck himself".

Word has it that Gilmore invited Waters to his Birthday party about 2 years ago.

Why cant the boys just get along? We'd ALL BE BETTER if they worked together again.

Favorite moment on Amused: Ok, i'm about to reveal how geeky i am.

The part of "Late home tonight" where "in Tripoly, and ordinary wife STAAAAAARES at the brokend sink her old man hadnt had time to fix, too busy mixing politics in the streets below" AT THIS POINT CLOSE YOUR EYES...you can see her going to the blinds and closing them to quiten down the noise from the outside protests....then this loud as hell missle gets fired into the crowd. Rog is one of the few folks that REALLY paint with music and audio. Awesome!!!!

Then there is the every so classy "Love" he has for Andrew Loyyd Webber. as the piano lid crashes down and "Breaks his F*ckin' fingers"

Favorite Track...HAS to be Amused to Death. And to see it live was too much for me emotionally.
What a great hook, what a great drum sound..from Intimate and tight in the 2nd vs to Bombastic Bonaham as it opens up in the 3rd.

You could have a Recording CLASS at a local university on JUST that album alone. There is SOOOOOO much there.

What is timeless about that album, is that the lyrics that are Political in nature, apply to THIS war we are in now as well.

Dont forget boys and girls....GOD wants Symtex!

Dennis

Brian Kehew wrote on Wed, 23 March 2005 17:16
I have bought Amused to Death about ten times - I give it away to people (especially studio folks) who don't know it. It's certainly a "takes time to appreciate" record, as it doesn't hit you over the head with melody and hooks and so on. I have some stories I know from people who worked on it, only a few of which I might be able to share publicly!

Trivia quiz, on the line: "Each man has his price, Bob. And yours was pretty low." Who was Bob, And why did he get mentioned by name on the record?

wwittman:
I worked briefly on Amused To Death (on what was then called Song For Europe... ended up The Bravery Of Being Out Of Range)

I had a great time; Roger is an amzing talent.

zmix:
I was in "traffic school" in LA with James Guthrie when he was making that album... We had lunch and talked about LA, London, comping Jeff Beck solos... etc.

Blast from the past!!

-CZ

bblackwood:
Wow, ATD is seriously one of the top 3 records ever, imo. I can listen to it over and over and find new stuff...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version