R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I usually hate reunions, but...  (Read 6739 times)

J.J. Blair

I usually hate reunions, but...
« on: March 22, 2005, 01:14:39 PM »

This sounds promising:

Legendary rockers ROXY MUSIC have reformed to record their first album since 1983.

Frontman BRYAN FERRY has joined PHIL MANZANERA, ANDY MACKAY, PAUL THOMPSON and BRIAN ENO for the reunion.

The project marks the first time Eno has worked with Roxy Music since 1973's FOR YOUR PLEASURE disc and will be the first album Roxy Music have recorded since AVALON twenty-two years ago (83).

The LOVE IS THE DRUG band, who briefly reformed for a live performance in 2001 without Eno, have also announced a gig at Britain's ISLE OF WIGHT FESTIVAL on 11 June (05).

studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

compasspnt

Re: I usually hate reunions, but...
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 01:54:00 PM »

Sounds promising!

We proudly display the gold record for "Avalon" on our rec room wall, as it was recorded here at Compass Point.  Pretty good record...

Fibes

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 02:17:39 PM »

Cool.

Has anyone heard the "Swimming Pool Qs" Royal Academy of Reality album put out by Bar-None? If you dig Roxy in it's heyday, chances are you'll dig this one too. FWIW they had 20 years between albums too.
Fibes
-------------------------------------------------
"You can like it, or not like it."
The Studio

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewArtist ?id=155759887
http://cdbaby.com/cd/superhorse
http://cdbaby.com/cd/superhorse2

rolyboy

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 09:22:19 PM »

Hi J.J,

I heard this on the radio today (Steve Jones of the Sex Pistols mentioned it no less!). I doubt Brian Eno will be doing the live gig, but boy I hope he does. I was brought up on the IOW and am heading back there for a summer vacation and the festival Laughing

Brian Kehew

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 12:20:39 PM »

The last two tours were absolutely phenomenal. I saw them twice here and once in London. The band were phenomenal - the BEST I've ever seen. The new keyboard player/violinist (Lucy Wilkins) was so good that no one even thought of Eno or Eddie Jobson for a moment.

Best part - they brought out ALL the old keyboards - Farfisa, EMS VCS3s, Solina, Hohner Pianet, CP70, grand piano. So each song had the RIGHT sounds - it also looked very impressive - something bands should note.

Now - if John Porter pops up on bass, we have something! He and Ferry are still good mates, so it could happen! Porter should produce even!
Relax and float downstream...

J.J. Blair

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 11:18:39 PM »

Brian, did you know that my Oberheim 4 voice used to belong to Eddie Jobson?  I'm glad that they are using the right instruments.  Not doing that is one of the reasons that I refuse to go see Yes.  "Siberian Khatru" on Korg Triton is just WRONG.
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

natpub

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005, 11:26:42 PM »

Be nice if Eno did play the show--not sure how much, if any, he has done since all the way back to "801 Live."

As far as Katru live, the last time I saw them play it was during the Relayer tour, and all the kybd parts were changed and messed up by Moraz, which really sucked Sad  
Kurt Thompson
Vibrational Arts, Inc.
Blue Skyway Music
Sonic Sorcery Studios
Austin,TX/Columbus,OH

Brian Kehew

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2005, 03:55:00 AM »

I am reliably informed this news story may be an exxageration. Eno said a while ago he might produce a Roxy album, but not be in the band.
Relax and float downstream...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 20 queries.