R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Samplitude 6.0  (Read 4112 times)

dehughes

Samplitude 6.0
« on: March 21, 2005, 08:11:16 PM »

Hello everyone,

I posted a sister post on the hardware forum too...

Basically, I just installed Samplitude 6.0 and am trying to use it with an E-MU 1212M, but not meeting with any success.  I can play MP3 and CD files through the soundcard (and it all sounds great), and I'm getting signal to the PatchMix software (so I know everything is hooked up correctly), but I'm unable to get any signal into tracks in Samplitude.  It looks like version 6.0 cannot use ASIO drivers, as I'm unable to choose those, or even choose the E-MU drivers in the system options menu.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

david

Fifthcircle

Re: Samplitude 6.0
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 04:59:32 PM »

You need to use WDM or MME drivers with version 6.  ASIO didn't get supported until version 7.0.

Then you just choose your input and hit record...  Should work fine.  Be aware that prior to version 8, mono tracks are recorded when you choose an input pair and then left or right.  Mono is a sum of the two channels.

I'd recommend getting the upgrade to ver 8- there is a lot of cool stuff in there.  Really is a whole different program from Ver 6.

--Ben
Benjamin Maas
Fifth Circle Audio
Los Angeles, CA
http://www.fifthcircle.com

Raaj

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2005, 03:03:50 PM »

I agree..Sam 8.01 is even better! Especially with DVD-A support...The boys @ Magix have done a wonderfull job with this soft...I personally love it!  Very Happy

Rev. Jem

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 10:57:49 PM »

If I may just add to what ben & raaj have said, I'm pretty sure that E-mu have still yet to issue a WDM driver so until you go S8, you're stuck with MME & a latency that you may find unacceptable.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 18 queries.