R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Critiques wanted  (Read 1065 times)

OTR-jkl

Critiques wanted
« on: March 17, 2005, 04:06:24 PM »

OK, everybody...

Here's a link to the site of my latest mastering project that's just been released:

Lindsey Kane

Click on the box that says "Launch Satisfied Ecard". After the intro, there will be a box on the lower left labeled "Music" where you can listen to all the tracks on the CD.

I'm opening myself up for constructive criticism here so feel free to listen and comment on what you hear. Keep in mind that I'm still pretty new to mastering - I've really only been doing it for just over a year now. There's no way for ya'll to hear the original tracks but I can tell you that they were good but a little on the muddy side. What I'm interested in is what you think about the final sound....where did I hit & where did I miss....that sort of thing. There are some things that if I were to do it now I would do differently, but that's the learning curve I guess.

Thanks. I'm looking forward to your input...
J Lowes · OTR Mastering
Professional Audio Production for Life
www.ShoutLife.com/OTRMastering

Carl Taylor 43

Re: Critiques wanted
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 05:50:55 AM »

to an ordinary guy like me they sound good.. though I think there where a couple where the vocals wenrt loud enough, though I suppose thats a mix issue

I like track 7, I think that would make a good single Razz

OTR-jkl

Re: Critiques wanted
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 10:27:53 AM »

Thanks for the input.
Yeah, I asked the mix engineer about the LdV level on a couple of the tunes and he basically said that's the way they are. Although, the ones I was most concerned about actually turned out OK afterall.

Just a side note: #1 had already had some processing done to it before I got it so its squashed too much for me - but really nothing I could do about it.

IMO, I'm expecting to hear #2 on the radio anytime...
J Lowes · OTR Mastering
Professional Audio Production for Life
www.ShoutLife.com/OTRMastering
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 19 queries.