R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Samplitude experts needed  (Read 1269 times)

popsych

Samplitude experts needed
« on: March 15, 2005, 01:31:02 PM »

I have 3 questions about SAMP

1 : Are spline based curves not allowed in automation ? and is the resolution of 1024 steps enough when logic claims sample accurate automation ?

2: I want to use stereo sidechaining but can't see a way to do so in the same way as in cubase e.g. crunchessor. Are only the builtin effects allowed for surround configurations ?

3: Is aux send level automation allowed - except for the have two objects with different send level and crossfade bypass ?

lucey

Re: Samplitude experts needed
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 02:36:28 PM »

Experts?  Maybe a Samp forum?

I do mastering ... no auto, no auxes, no sidechains
Brian Lucey
Magic Garden Mastering

"the economy is a wholly owned subsidiary of the ecology" - unknown

OTR-jkl

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 03:40:24 PM »

I can answer this one:
popsych wrote on Tue, 15 March 2005 12:31

3: Is aux send level automation allowed - except for the have two objects with different send level and crossfade bypass ?

You can automate aux sends by configuring the Volume of the Aux Channel to be "Pre - FX". IOW, if you're using a plug for the FX on the Aux Channel, you would go into the Aux Channel Routing dialog and move the Volume function up before the FX Insert. That way, any Volume automation that you do on the Aux Channel will affect how much signal is sent to the FX. This would also work for a hardware FX unit as well by routing the Aux Channel out of your soundcard and on to your FX unit then back in on another input channel...
J Lowes ยท OTR Mastering
Professional Audio Production for Life
www.ShoutLife.com/OTRMastering

bblackwood

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 08:43:28 AM »

popsych, have you tried the Samp forum? You have to be a registered user, but the dev team hangs there and you can generally get help pretty quickly...
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

popsych

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2005, 09:42:25 PM »

Sorry for adding crap to forum, i just needed the solutions now, working on a friends computer with Samp, until I go to the U.K in a couple of weeks and get my own license (not available in my country), but he stubbornely refuses to give me access to the forums via his account so i'm stuck Neutral
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.