R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Everybody's PSW Intermittent, or is it just me...?  (Read 9664 times)

compasspnt

Is Everybody's PSW Intermittent, or is it just me...?
« on: March 11, 2005, 07:44:48 PM »

Since the Great Website Crash of 2005, I have found that for often hours each day my browser cannot find PSW.  When it happens, it is inaccessible from all six computers I have here hooked up, not just one.  And it happens with Explorer, Netscape, Safari, etc.

Is this happening for everyone?

Tim Halligan

Re: Is Everybody's PSW Intermittent, or is it just me...?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 07:52:35 PM »

Yep. Me too. REP & MARSH. Keep getting the message that Safari can't find prosoundweb...

One trick that seems to work most of the time for me, is to visit any other website (or 2...or 3...) and try again. Usually comes good. Maybe the browser needs to be reminded that it has to have a real proper look...

Cheers,
Tim
"Don't forget, we are all engaged in a battle to the death against mediocrity." - J. Whynot

"You can tune a room only with a bulldozer." - Andy Peters

Joe Giannone

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 08:06:54 PM »

Not having a problem over here in Northern California...

WhyKooper

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 08:50:28 PM »

No problem here in S. California either.

Norwood

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2005, 01:13:48 AM »

WhyKooper wrote on Fri, 11 March 2005 17:50

No problem here in S. California either.

ditto
Michael Norwood
Wood Bros. Productions

bblackwood

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2005, 05:45:31 AM »

Well, remember that when the server change happened we changed hosting companies as well. I suppose it's possible that the DNS routing hasn't propagated through every server out there, so it's possible when you try to connect every now and then, you are routed to the old hosting company.

If so, give it another week and it should be fine. I'm unaware of any server issues that would cause this.
Brad Blackwood
euphonic masters

mr. moon

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2005, 08:43:38 AM »

Tim Halligan wrote on Fri, 11 March 2005 18:52

Yep. Me too. REP & MARSH. Keep getting the message that Safari can't find prosoundweb...

Cheers,
Tim

Same here in Minnesota. What I have done is run a DNS lookup for "www.prosoundweb.com" and saved the IP address result so when the DNS resolution doesn't work, I just paste the IP address into the browser's address bar (Firefox and IE), and all is good.

-mr moon

Lee Flier

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2005, 09:42:04 AM »

Yeah, DNS propagation seems to have gotten ridiculously slow and unpredictable lately.  The Internet's just gotten so big and server configurations so complex, I guess.

I haven't had any problems getting in personally, but Brad's probably right Terry.  You might also try clearing your browser cache if you have trouble getting in... sometimes cached junk from the old servers can cause problems.

bigbone

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2005, 09:59:37 AM »

same here, lot's of time Safari on Mac can"t open PSW,,Sad......bummer

JGreenslade

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2005, 11:16:40 AM »

CrapCleaner is a small (I think about 400K IIRC) piece of invaluable software I use: http://www.ccleaner.com/ It's free and installs in seconds. You'll be surprised to see how much junk it removes the first time you apply it.

Justin
Audio is a vocational affliction

"there is no "homeopathic" effect in bits and bytes." - HansP

mr. moon

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2005, 11:42:53 AM »

If you use the method I use (do a DNS lookup for the IP address for the name "www.prosoundweb.com" when the site is working, and save the IP address to a text file) you will be able to get to the site regardless of the status of your local computer's cache or your ISP's DNS servers. Quite often you ISP's DNS servers will be forwarding name requests to different DNS servers due to network bandwidth issues, some of which may have the older (bunk) information. This is why sometimes it will work, and sometimes it will not. If you use my method, you'll never have a problem even during the times when the DNS servers cannot find the IP address (as long as you've still got internet connectivity), because you *have* the IP address which the DNS servers are supposed to be pointing your browser to. Just paste it into the browser address bar, and you're going to make your way here!

-mr moon

Brendan Thompson

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2005, 05:53:50 PM »

So why don't you just post the IP address for those who need it? It's not like it's some big secret or anything.

And, no problems here...
http://home.no.net/nightguy/images/teambunny2.gif

I'm currently out of my mind, please leave a message after the scream...

jwhynot

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2005, 07:55:09 PM »

FWIW I've been having the same problem, all systems (OS9, OS10.2.8, OS10.3.7, XPhome, Linux) all browsers.

Altho' it seems to be better lately.

Perhaps someone could PM the IP #s to members?

JW
one of both the most and least successful producers of ALL TIME!

Lee Flier

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2005, 09:27:02 PM »

No need to PM, it's public info!

It's 64.73.50.193 .  Just type in http://64.73.50.193 and it'll get you to PSW.  You shouldn't need to do it anymore in a few weeks when the all the nameservers have finally gotten a clue.

compasspnt

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2005, 09:48:40 PM »

Lee Flier wrote on Sat, 12 March 2005 21:27

No need to PM, it's public info!

It's 64.73.50.193 .  Just type in http://64.73.50.193 and it'll get you to PSW.  You shouldn't need to do it anymore in a few weeks when the all the nameservers have finally gotten a clue.

Thanks for that Lee.

However, I found today (when I couldn't get on for about three hours) that I could indeed go to ProSoundWeb main page with the IP address, but still could not navigate to REP or MARSH, etc.  It would always say "...couldn't find the server..."  Also, the main page would not act right...pix not loading, etc.  This, again, was on several computers, and several browsers.  Then when I finally got on now, they're all OK again.

Something strange going on.  I hope it is the learning of the new server/IP thing, and does straighten itself out!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 22 queries.