R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: SSL AWS900  (Read 4632 times)

djui5

Re: SSL AWS900
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2005, 05:09:50 PM »

pipelineaudio wrote on Thu, 17 March 2005 11:39

Randy, I did hear some rapper got one, but Im not sure, It would e cool to check it out in person!

Yeah. I've talked to a few people who said it's nice and all..but it's just really small. This could be an issue with a lot of people, especially guy's like me who have clients that like larger consoles. The initial response to the studio would go from "wow..look at that" to "wow..that thing is small".

We all know bigger is better Smile

haha.
Morale of the day? Stop looking at what you're hearing.
yngve hoeyland 07'

Randy Wright
Mix Engineer
Mesa, Arizona

henchman

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2005, 05:29:11 PM »

djui5 wrote on Thu, 17 March 2005 17:09

We all know bigger is better Smile

haha.

Yeah. That's what my wife tells me too.

djui5

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2005, 05:52:13 PM »

drew wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 17:43

natpub wrote on Mon, 07 March 2005 21:49

somewhere on these forums is a quote from SSL saying they have sold more than several hundred, possibly something around 1500+, as I recall...I forget the exact details.

1500?? no way. that's maybe how many J's, K's, and XL's that they've sold in the past 10 years. There's probably only 3500 SSL's in existence, if that.

"Worldwide sales of the Solid State Logic AWS 900 Analogue Workstation System, sold by Guitar Center and GC Pro in the U.S., AudioPro International Inc. in Canada and Vari International in Mexico, are approaching 100, with 50 of them in North America"

This was today.
Morale of the day? Stop looking at what you're hearing.
yngve hoeyland 07'

Randy Wright
Mix Engineer
Mesa, Arizona

J.J. Blair

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2005, 11:37:07 PM »

IMO, SSLs are good for one thing .. make that two things: Total recall or lifeless mixes and something to hide under in case of an earthquake.
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

henchman

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2005, 02:14:42 AM »

J.J. wrote on Fri, 18 March 2005 23:37

IMO, SSLs are good for one thing .. make that two things: Total recall or lifeless mixes and something to hide under in case of an earthquake.

I have to disagree with that.
There's lots of amazing and great records that have been mixed on SSL's.

maxdimario

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2005, 10:01:11 AM »

henchman wrote on Sat, 19 March 2005 08:14

J.J. wrote on Fri, 18 March 2005 23:37

I have to disagree with that.
There's lots of amazing and great records that have been mixed on SSL's.

true, but in a way SSL mixers are indirectly responsible for modern overprocessing.

not only does the audio sound processed and compressed (because of the complex chip based signal path), but it was the first successful mixer to make recall, automation and dynamics on every channel the focal point of it's features, not sound.

the ssl sound is arguably very much a question of association with the great singles that get airplay.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.