R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Gotta Have More Cowbell!  (Read 18240 times)

RMoore

Re: Gotta Have More Cowbell!
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2005, 05:36:40 AM »

cgc wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 19:34

'I have a fever and the only prescription is More Cowbell, baby!'  Some of the cast look like they are about to explode after that line.  Jimmy Fallon actually does lose it.

Is Jimmy Fallon the drummer (?) - he seems to start cracking up once he views 'Gene' from the front with his exposed gut etc..

Great skit,
People's Republic of Ryan

http://www.myspace.com/twilightcircus
 http://www.youtube.com/user/Ryonik

By the end of today, another day is gone forever. You will never get it back.
We must never let up for a second. Work harder at every single thing - Terry Manning

You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take - Wayne Gretzky

JGreenslade

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2005, 06:38:45 AM »

cgc wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 14:56

http://www.radmonkeycowbells.com/

After having a bummer of a week with friction on the work and family front, I think this is the first belly-laugh I've had all week.

Quote:

"...may be the last cowbell you'll ever buy..."

Indeed!

Thanks!  Very Happy

Justin
Audio is a vocational affliction

"there is no "homeopathic" effect in bits and bytes." - HansP

rankus

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2005, 12:54:10 PM »

LOL ... The Rad Monkey Cowbells link is shut down to exceeding the monthly bandwidth Wink Confused
Rick Welin - Clark Drive Studios http://www.myspace.com/clarkdrivestudios

Ive done stuff I'm not proud of.. and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting ~ Moe Sizlack

"There is no crisis in energy, the crisis is in imagination" ~ Buckminster Fuller

Brian Kehew

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2005, 04:11:50 AM »

The RadMonkey site was created by the co-author of our upcoming Beatles studio book, Kevin Ryan.

He's a VERY clever guy; great writer, excellent producer and artist, also a graphics wiz - see how "real" the cowbell site looks. And I do love a sense of humor...

Odlly, I just saw BOC this week. I see EVERY show they do around here. I gotta say - they LOOK so old and "not cool", but they REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY do a great show.
Relax and float downstream...

Fletcher

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2005, 08:30:20 AM »

zboy2854 wrote on Wed, 09 March 2005 13:14

The funniest thing about that skit is not too long ago I met David Lucas, who was the producer for Blue Oyster Cult and actually PLAYED THE COWBELL ON DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!!  When I mentioned the skit, he said he had never seen it, had no idea about it!

The skit is making fun of Sandy Pearlman who absolutely HATES cowbell with a blue passion.

BTW... if you ever get a chance, check out the "Space Team Electra album Sandy produced... I think it's one of the THE finest records to have come out by any artist in the last 5 years... as always... YMMV
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch.  
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.