R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: The Paul Superapple Thread  (Read 13694 times)

RMoore

Re: The Paul Superapple Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2005, 06:27:00 AM »

Wasn't that guy the original hippy?
People's Republic of Ryan

http://www.myspace.com/twilightcircus
 http://www.youtube.com/user/Ryonik

By the end of today, another day is gone forever. You will never get it back.
We must never let up for a second. Work harder at every single thing - Terry Manning

You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take - Wayne Gretzky

Consul

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2005, 08:19:19 AM »

Okay, so I go and check out these songs so I can figure out what all of you are talking about.

All I can say is... "What the hell?!"

I'm still not too sure what to think of all of this. Maybe the guy really is a mad genius, or maybe he's just mad. I'll let you know when I figure it out.

-----

Darren "I sell light bulbs" Landrum Very Happy
Darren Landrum

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic." - Dave Barry

Ross Hogarth

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2005, 10:19:21 AM »

AHHHH ...the sound of Pauly Superapple back in my life !!!
I lost these a long way back and now have them again because you JJ are my hero !!
I mean here is the King of Comedy of music ... the Rupert Pupkin of recorded history.... Mr Master Keef Richards .... you know , we are brethren ... cut from the same cloth ...except I think if he ever met Keef, he would tie him up just like Jerry Lewis in the king ...
These tapes were given to the Stones crew guys and instead of tossing them, they made copies like good soldiers should and passed them around ...
One of my best friends who now plays with Bonnie Raitt but was an original member of Bruce Hornsby, George Marinelli, convinced the band at the time to do the unreleased renditions of Pauly songs ...
JJ once again, thanks for sharing .. I missed these gems

The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.

The standard of success in life isn't the things. It isn't the money or the stuff. It is absolutely the amount of joy that you feel.

www.hoaxproductions.com

johnnywiz

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2005, 01:54:44 PM »

Good stuff JJ. It took me all of 3 seconds to pin his accent down to somewhere in between Boston and Providence. One of Braawktin's finest. A fellow Masshole, what a shame... Embarassed

Speaking of road crew tapes, anyone have the dog with wings tape? (sorry)
Linda's "backing vocals" on Hey Jude live, solo'd and recorded?
Classic.
JohnnyWiz
"What's with all these people who think that intonation is overrated?" JJB

J.J. Blair

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2005, 03:15:19 PM »

archtop wrote on Sat, 05 March 2005 16:32

J.J.  SO I must have gotten those Casualties of Jazz tunes from "YOU", I couldn't remember where I got 'em.

thats what I been tryin' to learn my Hammond with.

Some of my favorite tracks in the world.

Richard, I'm glad you like it!  You should buy the album: http://cdbaby.com/cd/tcoj with the artwork inspired by our very own Brian Kehew.
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

J.J. Blair

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2005, 03:18:04 PM »

johnnywiz wrote on Sun, 06 March 2005 10:54

Good stuff JJ. It took me all of 3 seconds to pin his accent down to somewhere in between Boston and Providence. One of Braawktin's finest.

Braawktin, Massachussettes. Home of Rahcky Mahciano ... the bahxuh.  (As oppsed to Rocky Marciano, the electrician.)
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

RMoore

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2005, 01:53:37 PM »

[quote title=johnnywiz wrote on Sun, 06 March 2005 19:54 Speaking of road crew tapes, anyone have the dog with wings tape? (sorry)
Linda's "backing vocals" on Hey Jude live, solo'd and recorded?
Classic.[/quote]

I've heard that WIngs stuff - pretty funny,
People's Republic of Ryan

http://www.myspace.com/twilightcircus
 http://www.youtube.com/user/Ryonik

By the end of today, another day is gone forever. You will never get it back.
We must never let up for a second. Work harder at every single thing - Terry Manning

You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take - Wayne Gretzky

arconaut

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2005, 05:41:22 PM »

Hi everyone,

Only click on this link:

http://www.unclekrinkly.com/incorrect/default.htm

if you have a lot of time on your hands.

Noah
You Are Number Six

Lee Tyler

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2005, 10:03:50 PM »

arconaut wrote on Mon, 07 March 2005 17:41

Hi everyone,

Only click on this link:

http://www.unclekrinkly.com/incorrect/default.htm

if you have a lot of time on your hands.

Noah

Noah. Thanks for this linky to Mr. Krinkly. This is truly "inspiring".     Shocked  ---Lee
Nurse to doctor: "Doctor, there is a man in the waiting room who thinks he's invisible".

Doctor to nurse: "Nurse, tell him I can't see him"
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 22 queries.