R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I would love for Terry to have a spot permantly.  (Read 30904 times)

Lee Tyler

Re: I would love for Terry to have a spot permantly.
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2005, 03:08:06 PM »

Here ya' go, Lee. (Fun with Google again)  ---Lee

http://cmoore.ath.cx/~rick/IHF/gruppen-seks.jpg
Nurse to doctor: "Doctor, there is a man in the waiting room who thinks he's invisible".

Doctor to nurse: "Nurse, tell him I can't see him"

compasspnt

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2005, 03:32:31 PM »

Those guys don't look very happy about it!

Lee Tyler

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2005, 05:05:37 PM »

compasspnt wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 15:32

"I'm only counting goats... I don't have time for this"  ---Hyorgie Svenstrunk
Nurse to doctor: "Doctor, there is a man in the waiting room who thinks he's invisible".

Doctor to nurse: "Nurse, tell him I can't see him"

Jeff Goodman

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2005, 05:27:04 PM »

compasspnt wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 20:32

well, goats are really difficult to mic up..

Lee Flier

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2005, 10:31:51 PM »

Jeff Goodman wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 17:27

compasspnt wrote on Thu, 03 March 2005 20:32

well, goats are really difficult to mic up..

Yipes!  Some things are really best left unrecorded. Very Happy

Lee you are a sick man.  Twisted Evil

Strummer

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2005, 01:26:22 PM »

I've lurked in these forums for quite some time, as you can see I don't post much, I have way more to learn from you gentlemen that I have to contribute, however I have one thought on Terry and the level of conversation in this forum the past month.

Terry tells stories for a month, solicits opinions on all sorts of interesting things, freely gives his experiences to anyone who cares to read them, and.....

After over a month he cuts loose with the Beatles "Ghost" story, one of the coolest things I've ever heard.

Makes me wonder what he's saving for his one year anniversary here!

Thanks for your time Terry, it's truly appreciated.

H D

compasspnt

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2005, 01:41:41 PM »

Thank you Mr. Moss!

In fact, I do have a lot more "tales from the crypt," but I just have to find the time to write some of them down in this forum place.  For the past two years I've been outlining all of these for an odd little book to come soon.  So, can't put them ALL here!

Terry

Curve Dominant

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2005, 12:11:32 AM »

compasspnt wrote on Tue, 01 March 2005 03:15

Actually, I am overwhelmed by what has happened here.  I had never really paid much attention to forums, until just a couple of months ago, when I almost accidentally was lead to REP by a Google search about something or other...

But I see now that, in a strange way, we all have a new set of friends.  I believe that forums such as these are bringing people together; information is shared, stories are told, in a way previously impossible.  There were many years of working as a Producer and/or Engineer in which I had absolutely no idea how "most people" did the very job which I was doing.  Everyone who "did this" was just so busy working 12-16 hours a day, one rarely got to "hang out" with your peers.  Now all of that has changed.

Terry,

When my brothers and I were kids crowded into our little bedroom in our parents house with nothing but a record player and a couple of guitars to occupy ourselves with, we spent endless hours listening to records you worked on, jamming with them, and talking about the sounds on those records to the point of picking out some of the finer nuances. So I have to tell you: It is with a truly poignant delight I feel in seeing you discuss these works, and your work today, here on this forum.

Recently both of my brothers stopped by my studio, one on a break from a tour with Godsmack and Metallica, and the other on a break from a tour with Greenday. I showed them the thread "About Vocal Production" and said with immense pride, "Look! I'm talking with TERRY MANNING!" They were like "Wha???" and the three of us sat down and read the thread together. The three of us hadn't been alone in a room together in over a decade, but it suddenly felt like we were back in that place when we were kids again, thrilled with what we do in music. It gave me goosebumps.

I hope you establish a permanent presense here at REP as a moderator. But it's not simply because of your experience, or because I love the recordings you worked on. It's your positivity. Your spirit is refreshing and inspiring...and needed, especially now, in the midst of the turmoil our industry is currently going through. Your passion and your LOVE of music combined with your sense of humor and perspective towards the work of getting things done, sets an example we all benefit from.

Like I said on the Vocal thread, I was really glad to see you begin posting here, and immediately sensed your presence here as a source of balance and sanity in what can be a somewhat unbalanced and insane calling. Everyone here obviously appreciates it, this special happening you've established here. Such special happenings are rare, and must be savored once established, because we have no idea how sorely they will be missed once gone.

As you said: "We all have a new set of friends." How invaluable is that?

Most.

compasspnt

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2005, 01:40:57 AM »

Hi Eric,

Thank you so much for your very kind words.

Terry

Norwood

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2005, 03:21:14 AM »

Seeing as the "extra" month is coming to a close, I thought it necessary to revisit this thread.  I look most forward to this particular area of the REP forum, and would love to see it become a permanant fixture.

Thanks for the stories Terry!
Michael Norwood
Wood Bros. Productions

senorsmoke

« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2005, 04:31:54 AM »

don't tell me it's over..I just got started!

Thanks again and please..pretty please stay stay stay.

This is the most insightful forum on this box.

Thanks Terry!!!!

compasspnt

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2005, 06:17:28 AM »

Thanks to everyone for the kind words, for the occasional disagreements, and especially for the participation with such thoughtful and insightful comments.

For my part, I am happy to continue this section of the Forum as long as the decision makers think it reasonable.  Personally, I have learned much from all of this.

The one thing I hate about so many chat rooms, IM's, Fora, etc., is the mindless chatter with which people waste so much time.  The basic philosophy of this Forum from the outset was to spend our valuable time talking about the more important aspects of sound and production, as well as the way in which classic recordings relate to our recordings of today and those of the future.  Lo and behold, you have all made that happen!

Best to all,

Terry

maxim

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2005, 07:32:56 AM »

come on now, terry, mindless chatter is what stops us from taking ourselves too seriously (WWJJD)

what i enjoy about your hangout is the conspicuous lack of gear obsession that (for me, at least) raises the noise to signal ratio of a forum considerably

i am much more interested in the philosophy of record production, and your experience and openness helps all of us, the musically obsessed, to express our often varying, and more often not, opinions

as far as i'm concerned, stay as long as you can stand it

punkest

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2005, 07:56:23 AM »

maxim wrote on Tue, 29 March 2005 13:32

as far as i'm concerned, stay as long as you can stand it

Yes, Terry! Ditto that, sincerely thanks for your time, experience, sharing, vibe and positivity!!!  Great forum, FOR THE PEOPLE WITH THE POWER, PLEASE DON'T END IT

Hans Mues

compasspnt

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2005, 07:59:47 AM »

maxim wrote on Tue, 29 March 2005 07:32

...mindless chatter is what stops us from taking ourselves too seriously (WWJJD)...

Oops, I was serious.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 20 queries.