R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: I would love for Terry to have a spot permantly.  (Read 30887 times)

Level

I would love for Terry to have a spot permantly.
« on: February 28, 2005, 07:29:07 PM »

If you want it Terry, lets see if it can happen.

This is my favorite place on PSW and others feel the same way.

Do you stay or do you go??

Month is about out......

http://balancedmastering.com

"Listen and Learn"
---Since 1975---

Greg Dixon

Re: I would love for Terry to have a spot permantly.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 07:38:24 PM »

Amen to the above.

This has been great. No matter what you decide Terry, thanks.

Greg

P.S. Even my wife will be sad to see you go. She has enjoyed a lot of these stories.

Consul

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 07:41:43 PM »

I would like to thank Terry as well for the valuable time he has given to us. I have learned an enormous amount from reading this forum.

I would also like to see you given a permanent home, if the powers that be (including yourself) are amenable to it.
Darren Landrum

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic." - Dave Barry

Jose Mrochek

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 07:49:11 PM »

Very Happy

Terry stay!!  Smile

Bill Mueller

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 09:47:25 PM »

Terry,

Your forum has had the best vibe of any I have been on. I hope you stay.

I'm sure we have only scratched the surface of what we can learn from you. I still want to know about Mutt.

Best Regards,

Bill
"Don't take it personally. But this shit is a science." J.J.Blair

“The Internet is only a means of communication,” he wrote. “It is not an amorphous extraterrestrial body with an entitlement to norms that run counter to the fundamental principles of human rights. There is nothing in the criminal or civil law which legalizes that which is otherwise illegal simply because the transaction takes place over the Internet.” Irish judge, Peter Charleton

David Kulka

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2005, 10:10:07 PM »

I've thoroughly enjoyed this forum and will be sorry to see it end.  Terry, sincere thanks for your wonderful stories, historical glimpses, and insightful opinions.  Like Greg, I've showed a few of these threads to my wife, who truly enjoyed them.

I'm sure Terry has a stupendous number of recollections from his career, though I'm not sure he would have time to share them all...

Anyway, thanks again for a window on a world of fabulous music that I had always loved, but had little knowledge about.  Terry, you made my month.

David Kulka
http://www.studioelectronics.biz

Service & Restoration of UREI dbx Neve Eventide Marshall AMS Tube Gear and more

compasspnt

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2005, 10:15:26 PM »

Actually, I am overwhelmed by what has happened here.  I had never really paid much attention to forums, until just a couple of months ago, when I almost accidentally was lead to REP by a Google search about something or other...

But I see now that, in a strange way, we all have a new set of friends.  I believe that forums such as these are bringing people together; information is shared, stories are told, in a way previously impossible.  There were many years of working as a Producer and/or Engineer in which I had absolutely no idea how "most people" did the very job which I was doing.  Everyone who "did this" was just so busy working 12-16 hours a day, one rarely got to "hang out" with your peers.  Now all of that has changed.

I am amazed that in the shortest month, shortened even further by all of the web server problems, this one place has had almost 50,000 hits, and well over 700 posts in 47 topics.  I never imagined anyone even cared what I was doing, or had done, much less what everybody else was doing.

It has indeed been very enjoyable, and I, too would hate to "see it end like this."  In fact, I have already been asked to keep this Forum going through March as well.

I would be honoured to moderate this forum for a further length of time, or even permanently if that fit the needs and decisions of the powers-that-be...At least as long as it was productive and enjoyable to all!

For now, though, thanks to everyone for all of the amazing, thorough, informative, and insightful posts you have added to these topics.  I have been very impressed by the high level of thinking which has so obviously gone into them.  I anticipate a lot more in future!

Oh, and by the way, when first asked to do this, my answer really was "I'm comping vocals right now, and I really don't have time for this...!"  (But I was assured it would work out, and it has.)  And I am now proud to announce that the vocals have all been comped, at least for this project...but now, I'm mixing, and I don't have time for......  

djui5

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2005, 10:18:36 PM »

compasspnt wrote on Mon, 28 February 2005 20:15

I would be honoured to moderate this forum for a further length of time, or even permanently if that fit the needs and decisions of the powers-that-be...At least as long as it was productive and enjoyable to all!

I think we would be more honored to have you Smile

Thanks for the great forum, and I hope you stay. It's a immense pleasure having you around.
Morale of the day? Stop looking at what you're hearing.
yngve hoeyland 07'

Randy Wright
Mix Engineer
Mesa, Arizona

bigbone

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2005, 10:21:02 PM »

Hi Terry

Thank's for your time and effort on this forum...........you forum is realy cool to watch and i did learn a lot by looking at your answer.......and you did give me a couple of good advice to...so i hope that you are here for a long time,

merci beaucoup mon ami,

Bigbone

Montreal,canada

drumsound

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2005, 11:25:13 PM »

Terry,

Thanks for coming here and sharing.

I too would love it you stayed on permanently.

J.J. Blair

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2005, 05:21:20 AM »

Bob, I second that emotion.  

Terry, you've been so generous sharing your experiences and expertise with us.  Thank you.
studio info

They say the heart of Rock & Roll is still beating, which is amazing if you consider all the blow it's done over the years.

"The Internet enables pompous blowhards to interact with other pompous blowhards in a big circle jerk of pomposity." - Bill Maher

"The negative aspects of this business, not only will continue to prevail, but will continue to accelerate in madness. Conditions aren't going to get better, because the economics of rock and roll are getting closer and closer to the economics of Big Business America." - Bill Graham

fadeout

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2005, 06:06:44 AM »

Terry - thank you, and I too hope you can stick around!

This became a forum with an unusually good atmosphere, and a nice high signal to noise ratio. So thanks to everyone else too for that.

Chris Putnam

Gordon Rice

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2005, 10:08:48 AM »

fadeout wrote on Tue, 01 March 2005 06:06

Terry - thank you, and I too hope you can stick around!

This became a forum with an unusually good atmosphere, and a nice high signal to noise ratio. So thanks to everyone else too for that.

I, too have noted that ratio and been most grateful for it--I'm currently minding the desk at an under-construction studio and this forum has been one of the few things that's kept me sane.

Glad to hear you're sticking around for another month, Terry!

--gmr
Audio Engineer
Philadelphia PA
(Yeah, there've been some changes . . .)

Where are we going and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Lee Flier

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2005, 10:21:54 AM »

Terry, that is so awesome that you'll be sticking around for at least another month!  And I too hope you'll be here longer... yes I agree, forums like this are a wonderful way for people to share knowledge who are normally stuck inside their studios. Smile  That's so great that you have embraced this type of communication, we are all richer for it!

plughead

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2005, 03:01:12 PM »

Ditto - this has been one of the most interesting and informative forums I've ever had the priviledge to visit - hats off to Terry and all the others for their incredible contributions, and boundless experience in this business - I truly look forward to coming here often to gather more insight (anecdotal and technical) from the masters of AE'ing...

Best Regards,
N. Jay Burr
PlugHead Productions
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 22 queries.