R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Flaming Poll: Best OS?  (Read 6175 times)

mark fassett

Re: Flaming Poll: Best OS?
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2005, 12:40:37 PM »

Monopoly?  Well, if you don't like it, then buy a different DAW.  I use Cubase SX, and I'm quite happy with it.

I also use final cut pro and other apple apps, though.  I'm happy with those.

I understand the worry about Apple becoming a monopoly, but there honestly is very little to be worried about IMHO... they have a LONG way to go.  There is a bigger worry about Apple's monopoly in MP3 players.  Smile

Roland Storch

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2005, 12:50:18 PM »

Ivo wrote on Fri, 11 February 2005 12:34

The real top high-end studio applications of today work exclusively on PC only and there will be never versions for Mac:

Samplitude, Sequoia, Pyramix, Soundscape, Sonic Solutions, Sadie etc.

So nowadays PC seem to be a lot more practical choice in the world of professional audio.

This is true for mastering applications. Sonic has lost market share to SADiE, Sequoia, ....  But there is hopefully a come back from Sonic with the new native (and affordable?) system and the Firewire base I/O boxes TD300 and TD302. These Interfaces also have DSP power. Maybe it will be another option in the future?

howlback

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2005, 03:21:19 PM »

Roland Storch wrote on Sat, 12 February 2005 12:50

Ivo wrote on Fri, 11 February 2005 12:34

The real top high-end studio applications of today work exclusively on PC only and there will be never versions for Mac:

Samplitude, Sequoia, Pyramix, Soundscape, Sonic Solutions, Sadie etc.

So nowadays PC seem to be a lot more practical choice in the world of professional audio.

This is true for mastering applications. Sonic has lost market share to SADiE, Sequoia, ....  But there is hopefully a come back from Sonic with the new native (and affordable?) system and the Firewire base I/O boxes TD300 and TD302. These Interfaces also have DSP power. Maybe it will be another option in the future?

Hmm, sonic on pc, now that's funny!

tamasdragon

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2005, 04:34:00 AM »

Do not forget that the vast majority of audioguys out there are only endusers. This whole platform war is rather a matter of taste. I'm on pc, but also using mac day by day. I prefer pc, my fellow prefer the mac. Same reliability with both os. I think it's not about which is better, it's about whic one (Microsoft, Apple, etc.) will earn more from it. Neither one is the de facto professional. You can run mac smoothly rock solid, and you can do the same with a pc windows, or linux.
Regards Tamas Dragon Razz

clearwave

« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2005, 08:17:24 AM »

Windows XP will work fine for years if you tweak it to be an audio machine and don't use it for anything else. Hooking them up to the internet is the worst thing you can do. BeOS was great.

Ralf Kleemann

« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2005, 10:00:48 AM »

tamasdragon wrote on Sat, 19 February 2005 09:34

(...) the vast majority of audioguys out there are only endusers.

Quote:

You can run mac smoothly rock solid, and you can do the same with a pc windows, or linux.

I just don't know how to connect "Windows", "rock solid" and "end user." Please help me!!

Best regards, Ralf
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 31 queries.