R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Shakira Drums  (Read 10996 times)

ajcamlet

Re: Shakira Drums
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2005, 09:59:19 AM »

thanks for clarifiying Terry!!!

Kalle Ricken

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2005, 07:42:23 PM »

[quote title=compasspnt wrote on Sun, 20 February 2005 02:28]This came as a PM, but I thought it might be a good topic as well, so:

bigbone wrote on Sat, 19 February 2005 08:46

Hi sorry to disturb you like that, i'm [.....] a drummer from montreal , canada, and i [read] in one of the threads, that you did a session for the shakira album with abe jr, i got this album and the drum sound [is] amasing, ...

Hi Terry, I play violin and guitar. Hearing the Shakira record my first thought was " The recording engineer must be a guitar player, the guitar sounds are brilliantly recorded with great love for fine nuances "
The next poster will probably be a singer, who noticed the vocal sound first...
Thanks for sharing your knowledge and stories here!
Kalle

compasspnt

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2005, 10:06:09 PM »

Kalle Ricken wrote on Thu, 24 February 2005 19:42

...Hearing the Shakira record my first thought was " The recording engineer must be a guitar player, the guitar sounds are brilliantly recorded with great love for fine nuances "...

Well, I am indeed a guitar player...not that good, but at least I have a guitar!

The players on this album were very good, and they, too were really into the nuances of the guitar tracks.  Tim Pierce, for one, and a great player named Brian  Ray, and also Tim Mitchell from Shaki's live band.  Tim used to play with Bob Seger (he replaced Rick Vito when RV left.)

Thanks,

Terry

maxim

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2005, 05:06:31 AM »

aah, i'm only just starting to appreciate the pop-rock genius that is bob seger

Jose Mrochek

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2005, 11:46:46 AM »

compasspnt wrote on Fri, 25 February 2005 03:06

Kalle Ricken wrote on Thu, 24 February 2005 19:42

...Hearing the Shakira record my first thought was " The recording engineer must be a guitar player, the guitar sounds are brilliantly recorded with great love for fine nuances "...

Well, I am indeed a guitar player...not that good, but at least I have a guitar!

The players on this album were very good, and they, too were really into the nuances of the guitar tracks.  Tim Pierce, for one, and a great player named Brian  Ray, and also Tim Mitchell from Shaki's live band.  Tim used to play with Bob Seger (he replaced Rick Vito when RV left.)

Thanks,

Terry

Tim Mitchell is a awesome player and person.

Terry, are you currently working on the new albums ? I would like to hear the new stuff. I heard good stuff about them.

neve1073

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2005, 02:37:08 PM »

If this Abe jr. is the guy who played drums for Paul during the superbowl halftime show, he is indeed a force of nature. I loved his drumming.
=============================
Let's be discrete.

Radd 47

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2005, 04:31:59 PM »

Yeah, Mac's lineup is pretty tight. His shows are like seeing the Beatles, (minus Lennon's voc's of course) but now you have better guitar amps, beter sound system, better venues, better schedule, no screaming chicks, so do I dare say that his concerts nowdays are (gulp) probably better than what you might have heard at a Beatles concert of the sixties? I think so.

neve1073

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2005, 06:00:14 PM »

Radd 47 wrote on Fri, 25 February 2005 21:31

Yeah, Mac's lineup is pretty tight. His shows are like seeing the Beatles, (minus Lennon's voc's of course) but now you have better guitar amps, beter sound system, better venues, better schedule, no screaming chicks, so do I dare say that his concerts nowdays are (gulp) probably better than what you might have heard at a Beatles concert of the sixties? I think so.

WHAT?!

Like seeing the Beatles? I don't think so.
Better amps? Hahaha

It was a great show tho.
=============================
Let's be discrete.

zboy2854

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2005, 11:53:49 AM »

I'll also give a shout out to Brendan Buckley.  In addition to being the nicest guy, he's one hell of a drummer.  I've cut tracks with him several times, including in a crappy studio with crappy mics and crappy pres, and his tracks still sounded terrific.

And on the subject of McCartney, his band is definitely hard to beat.  Rusty Anderson is an amazing guitarist.  The only other guy I could see being as good if not a better fit for Mac would be Jason Falkner.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.