R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wayne Jackson, Andrew Love, RnR HOF  (Read 2096 times)

jwhynot

Wayne Jackson, Andrew Love, RnR HOF
« on: February 18, 2005, 12:28:49 PM »

Hey folks -

You know what happens when you buy a pair of red converse, right?  Suddenly it seems every second person you see has a new pair of converse.

Lo tops.

anyway....

Last August  I had the pleasure of working at Ardent with a couple of guys whose individual names are possibly not well-enough known, but who cast a mighty long shadow over our culture.

Wayne Jackson (trumpet, trombone) and Andrew Love (tenor sax) comprise a little section called the Memphis Horns.

And after doing those sessions (and hanging in Memphis with Mr Wayne Jackson) I started noticing something:  you pretty much can't go 5 minutes with music playing without hearing these guys.

Maybe not so much on KROQ, but anywhere else you're going to hear that fat unison and octave blend.

Once you've recorded it you just can't escape it.

I really think it's the most heard musical sound on the planet (or at least our little corner of it).

Like those damn converse.

Anyway since Booker T and the MGs got in I think these guys, who are still vital and energetic but are not getting any younger, ought to be riding in to the Hall of Fame as soon as possible.

Anyone with any connections to the decision-makers is encouraged to message me about the topic.

I really think this is a no-brainer.

JW
one of both the most and least successful producers of ALL TIME!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 16 queries.