R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music Industry Reps-Is this how they work ?  (Read 1774 times)

eightyeightkeys

Music Industry Reps-Is this how they work ?
« on: February 08, 2005, 04:52:26 PM »

Up here in Hogtown, I've been trying to find a freelance rep/agent to represent my music production company doing music for advertising, T.V. CD's etc....

Trying to find a rep up here in Toronto is one big problem......because there just are so very few.  And the next problem is the way they work just..... doesn't seem right, to me.

For example, one rep, would like to bring the work that I do to a variety of contacts both here in Toronto and in the U.S. but, I would pay all of his expenses and the expenses of his luncheons with any prospective clients.

The other rep wants $1000.00 per month, flat fee, for representing my company ! O.K. checks' in the mail.

My wife, an artist,  is represented by a large company in Toronto with many, many artists and they work very differently. They take a percentage commission, albeit a relatively high one,  and the artist pays 1/3rd of any promotional campaigns that the artist wants to get involved with. This, to me, seems normal and fair.

Anyone with any experience with music production comany reps out there ?

I luv dis bizness.....
Dave T.
D&D Music

JGreenslade

Re: Music Industry Reps-Is this how they work ?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 01:56:19 PM »

You will probably get more response on Bob O's forum at Marsh for this kind of query:

http://marsh.prosoundweb.com/

Justin

Audio is a vocational affliction

"there is no "homeopathic" effect in bits and bytes." - HansP
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 19 queries.