R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New Mixer....  (Read 3846 times)

j.hall

Re: New Mixer....
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2005, 04:05:57 PM »

xonlocust wrote on Tue, 08 February 2005 13:34

it's hard being the recorder/bandmember.  both j. and i have given up engineering on the stuff we play on for the most part. (maybe im putting words in your mouth j. - correct me if i'm wrong)

i've said that many times to you, but truth be told, i'm far to much of a control freak to let some one else record my band.

that being said.  if i could afford tchad blake i wouldn't hesitate to hire the man, and do whatever he wanted me to do.

now that my record is a few songs short of being mixed i'm really starting to think their are very few people that could truly capture this band in a way that would make me smile......

then again....we have 4 members....and 3 of us are AE's.....so who knows....one of the other guys might inform me that he's doing the next record, which won't be long now before we start tracking it.

as far as using "pro" rooms to record

i'm all for it....the whole secret club record was tracked in mid level rooms that were all fairly big.....the credits on this record are going to be long....hope i can remember everywhere we tracked and who all was involved.

party people are a great band, IMO.....i really dig the vibe....and i'm loving that each song is a bit different, sometimes a lot different.  i love that in bands....diversity within your own style.

drumsound

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2005, 11:49:26 PM »

xonlocust wrote on Tue, 08 February 2005 13:34

it's hard being the recorder/bandmember.  both j. and i have given up engineering on the stuff we play on for the most part. (maybe im putting words in your mouth j. - correct me if i'm wrong) for my bands stuff we always go to a real studio, but i still do practice tapes and stuff and record other bands.  for me it was really frustrating worrying about engineering things when i needed to be worrying about musician things.

It is really tough being in the band and making the record.  I usually have a friend come by when I'm tracking with my band.  I'm having him come back for mixing soon too.

AyotteDrums

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2005, 08:57:35 AM »

I agree.  When I'm tracking my drum parts, I don't want to think about 'aww crap i have to walk back to the computer in the other room to redo this, restart that, etc., instead of having someone who's just on it and i can just be the drummer

blip blip.

pg666

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2005, 11:04:50 AM »

i think these tracks sound pretty damn good, especially if this is one of your first projects. well done.

the only thing i'd watch out for was the low end stuff varied quite a lot from song to song. if the songs were radically different (say, there was an accoustic song or something), i could understand, but when going back and forth between them certain songs lost some of their power simply because the bass drum and bass guitar were quieter. i dunno, that's just something i pay very close attention to on my own stuff, and take it for whatever it's worth.

nice job.

AyotteDrums

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2005, 11:43:46 AM »

Thanks for the comments!  I agree about the low end.  It needs to be more consistent so the whole group of songs has continuity.  Have to check em all together before we do anything with it.

blip blip.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 16 queries.