R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leisure 101  (Read 4385 times)

Level

Leisure 101
« on: February 10, 2005, 05:37:32 AM »

Over there beyond the del sol into the Bahamahs of Nassau, how often do you set aside "no booking allowed" time for some cruising and fun?

As a Boca res, and WPB, I understand leisure.

Do you block out time for these uncertain times or just boogie with all the "studio you can get" (sometimes I am packed, then got to do it in 3 days, cases are canvased until)

I bust it and then burn...got to take off...how about ya?

Do you block out vacations...or simply suffer paradise?
http://balancedmastering.com

"Listen and Learn"
---Since 1975---

compasspnt

Re: Leisure 101
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 06:07:28 PM »

Level wrote on Thu, 10 February 2005 05:37

...how often do you set aside "no booking allowed" time...Do you block out time for these uncertain times or just boogie with all the "studio you can get"...?

I hate to admit it, but I guess I am a workaholic.  And in this uncertain business, we almost have to be afflicted with "all the bookings you can get" syndrome.  As strange as it may sound, I'm not that much into boats and water anyway, so I mostly just work.  This may seem like Paradise to some, but believe me, wherever you live and work, is where you live and WORK.  Not really Paradise to me.  I love it, but mostly I just see the ocean on the drive to the studio each day.

We do take a few weeks off in the mid summer to go see family ("the Grandmother Tour"), but that's often it.

A few years ago, I worked seven consecutive years without one day off.  The only non-studio days were traveling days.  At least I don't quite do THAT anymore!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 20 queries.