R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GML Automation  (Read 1243 times)

Kooster

GML Automation
« on: February 03, 2005, 11:47:54 pm »

This is my first post here and I'm not sure if this is the right place for it... So Here Goes
I have a GML automation system on my mobile.  The system has basically been perfect for my needs.  It is getting old now and starting to get problematic. Yes George... I know the system owes me nothing but its what I have and what I can afford.  I am trying not to go the way of Cello and the Hit Factory....
I need spare parts desperately and can't seem to find them anywhere.  Does anyone know of any systems out there that might be for sale? My poor maintenance engineer Paul Prestopino is starting to loose it right now trying to repair one of the 8320 I/O boards. He has changed almost every darn chip on the channel and it still isn't happy.  I have one channel that just wont do what its told.  I also have two kids that wont do what there told but that is another story. Anyway I am heading down to Nashville to start a live to air TV music series and the only way I can do it on my analog console is with the GML working happily. If anyone knows of any parts laying around that would like a loving home I will gladly buy them.
Kooster

mills logan

Re: GML Automation
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 12:01:49 am »

Might check with Sal over at Oceanway Nashville. I believe they have two very large Neves with GML on them. He might have some spare parts or at least be able to point you in the right direction.  Hope this helps.

Mills Logan
Nashville, TN

Kooster

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 11:42:09 am »

Thanks for the info.  I knew Sal when he used to run Prince's studio back in the old days.  I'll give him a call.
Kooster

seriousfun

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 05:17:55 pm »

Sal might be great for this.

Gary Meyerberg and Dave Hecht probably know a few things about GML - formerly Cello techs.

Have you tried John Klett?
doug osborne | my day job

wwittman

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 10:11:39 pm »

Hey, Kooster...

how are you?

Have you tried Electric Lady?
have they ever unloaded the big 64 in system from the Focusrite?
seemed to be sitting , upended in a corner for the longest time.

hi to Presto,

w2
William Wittman
Producer/Engineer
(Cyndi Lauper, Joan Osborne, The Fixx, The Outfield, Hooters...)
Pages: [1]   Go Up