R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: WELCOME From Terry, Here's what we're about here...  (Read 33827 times)

jimmyjazz

Re: WELCOME From Terry, Here's what we're about here...
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2005, 03:14:11 PM »

Just got around to checking out your allmusic.com credits list, and in addition to the "holy shits" that have been mentioned over and over already, I have to give you props for the Rainmakers record.  Steve, Bob, & Rich!  What a great, fun band, and from my neck of the woods, too.

And then there's Point Blank . . . one of my first concerts, ever.  I still remember the bass player had a white P-bass (J-bass?) with a black "target" painted on it and a racoon tail hanging from the headstock.  That was VERY cool stuff to this teenager.

compasspnt

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2005, 02:55:57 PM »

Post number 1000 since we started just barely a month ago!

Just couldn't resist...

rankus

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2005, 03:29:40 PM »

This forum is my first and last stop every day before I head into town to my studio.... Just wanted to add my "thank you Terry"  to the list.

Very inspired!
Rick Welin - Clark Drive Studios http://www.myspace.com/clarkdrivestudios

Ive done stuff I'm not proud of.. and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting ~ Moe Sizlack

"There is no crisis in energy, the crisis is in imagination" ~ Buckminster Fuller

compasspnt

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2005, 09:09:25 PM »

rankus wrote on Fri, 25 March 2005 15:29

This forum is my first and last stop every day before I head into town to my studio.... Just wanted to add my "thank you Terry"  to the list.

Very inspired!

Thanks Rick!

senorsmoke

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2005, 04:13:10 PM »

First off thanks for having me here...this is an incredible forum for learning about recording,music and history.
I am a musician here in the LA area and record people in my very modest garage studio. I work mostly with people making demos, self released cd's and such. Also it's word of mouth and usually blues, r&b, jazz stuff. I play guitar and usually have the challenge of playing,producing and engineering. Very hard work!!
I'm finding all of the posts and topics fascinating and really really helpful in understanding the past of recording which to this day just still consumes me with wonder. The old records just speak to me. Mostly on a musical level but also sonically. I was raised listening to my father's records and that sound of tubes and ribbons and tape and vinyl just kills me. Let alone the performances. Stax,Motown,Chess,Sun etc are the prime examples of small studios changing culture,and the source of a true American artform.
Having a forum to enlighten others on the history,technique and practice of making records I think is a great way share experience in order to have impact on us younger folks..(I'm 39).
Thank you so much Terry and everyone for the education!!
Now if I can get back to listening instead of reading on this little screen!
George Friend

David Kulka

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2005, 08:24:16 PM »

Terry, it's been a wonderful two months and I'll be sorry to see this great little corner of the internet go away.  Sincere thanks for your time, stories, wit, and insight.
http://www.studioelectronics.biz

Service & Restoration of UREI dbx Neve Eventide Marshall AMS Tube Gear and more
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 21 queries.