R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thank you very much!  (Read 8089 times)

natpub

Thank you very much!
« on: February 01, 2005, 01:27:57 AM »

It was a great month, and your time to answer all these questions has helped form an excellent reference! Thanks very much! While we did not get into all the areas I had hoped, it was neat to zoom in on the V series subject and learn so much detail.

Cheers and best regards  Very Happy
Kurt Thompson
Vibrational Arts, Inc.
Blue Skyway Music
Sonic Sorcery Studios
Austin,TX/Columbus,OH

Fletcher

Re: Thank you very much!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 06:36:42 AM »

Kurt, you beat me to it!!

A heartfelt thank you to Oliver for sharing his valuable time and extensive knowledge... if anyone else learned half as much as I did from reading this forum, you learned a hell of a lot.

So... what's next?

Engineer Terry Manning from Compass Point Studios in the Bahamas... that's who is next.

If you're unfamiliar with Terry's work, please pull your head out of your ass and do a little homework... his work,  has spanned 4 decades, a bazillion genres, and even spawned an influential record or seven along the way.

Terry will be sharing tales and techniques from "the chair" so February looks like it's going to be way too short indeed.

Again, a huge "thanks" to Oliver for his time!!!

This forum, and the subsequent "guest moderator" forums will be archived if you need to grab a tidbit of information that was presented during the stay of one of our "guests".

Peace.
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch.  
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

JGreenslade

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 08:13:18 AM »

Ditto to what Kurt said!  Thumbs Up

Telefunken's pioneering legacy will flourish and evolve in the hands of Tab-Funkenwerks.

It's been a privilege Oliver.

Best regards,
Justin
Audio is a vocational affliction

"there is no "homeopathic" effect in bits and bytes." - HansP

Mu-Mao

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 08:42:03 AM »

I'd just like to add my thanks . It's been a privilege and a pleasure to read and participate in this forum over the past month. Truly a unique and valuable resource.

Thanks most of all to Oliver, but also to Fletcher and the R/E/P crew for making it possible.

Please consider a return leg at some future date - a month is nowhere near long enough to pick Olivers' brains!

Best regards

David Toner

Oliver Archut

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2005, 10:30:03 PM »

Dear all,

was quite nice that month, thank you all for stopping by and maybe in the future we can do it again...

Hope to meet you guys at tradeshows or similar events...

Best regards,

Oliver

Oliver Archut
www.tab-funkenwerk.com

We are so advanced, that we can develop technology that can determine how much damage the earth has taken from the development of that technology.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 17 queries.