R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: V275/01  (Read 19680 times)

wrekdahouse

V275/01
« on: December 21, 2006, 12:33:15 AM »

Hello Oliver, its been years since I read from you in the net, ive learned and still learn a lot from you,  im a german technology (audio) fan, I admire the quality of their designs and components, now its the time to aproach, I live in Argentina, very far away, and I am building with the help of an engineer, a custom siemens/neumann board,  i already have couples of V276, V276A, V272, with different neumann and siemens equalization, they sound awesome, i have two V275/01 and soon i will be using them as summing amps for a stereo bus. still havent tried them yet. i dont know how they sound. are these transistor based ?  somewere i read that they are dickfilm technieke based, can you tell me more about this technology ? what other use can you give to a V275/01 ?
thanks in advance,
pleasure reading from you,
Patricio Claypole

Oliver Archut

Re: V275/01
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 10:36:38 PM »

Hello Patricio,

the V275 is the transistor version of the V75, the heart piece of all Telefunken/Siemens tube consoles of the 50 and early 60s. When Siemens started the Sitral consoles they took the tube designations and added the 2 in from of it to indicate that is was transistor. A few V75t were made a V75 housing with a 275 electronics.

If you planning to build a console the V275 is the perfect choice for the two bus mix, best signal to noise ratio of all german line mixers as well as great sonics. There were several versions made over the years, the first solid state units, the Duennfilm ones and the later op amp versions. The early and the duennfilm ones sound quite amassing, the later op amp is O.K.

In case you need schematic, please let me know.

Best regards,
Oliver Archut
www.tab-funkenwerk.com

We are so advanced, that we can develop technology that can determine how much damage the earth has taken from the development of that technology.

wrekdahouse

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 07:20:42 AM »

Thanks so much for the reply,   i am planning to make a master bus and one submaster for recording several mics, into one track...

are these v275/01 with some built-in filters ?

thanks a lot,

Wrek

Oliver Archut

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 05:36:40 PM »

Hello Wrek,

all Siemens units have a small inductor that cuts above 15kHz, you can not just take it out you have to replace or modify it.

The low end cut is mostly done with a CT cap, that need to be removed.

Best regards,
Oliver Archut
www.tab-funkenwerk.com

We are so advanced, that we can develop technology that can determine how much damage the earth has taken from the development of that technology.

synthi

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 07:40:44 PM »

As long as I know, the V275/01 is not discrete, it uses a opamp IC.

Quote:

all Siemens units have a small inductor that cuts above 15kHz, you can not just take it out you have to replace or modify it.

Hi Oliver,

I`m checking the V275 schematic and I can´t see inductors...
Could you check if this module is really band-limited?

Thanks,

Synthi

Oliver Archut

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 09:58:44 PM »

Hello Synthi,

there are at least three V275 schematics I know about and only one has the 295mH or so inductance drawn into the schematic.
Also the later IC and Duennfilm units lack those coils the cut off is done in the feedback loop...
The same that you won't find the RF filter that is drawn into the V76 schematic inside a real life V76...

It is nearly the same coil that you can find in a V672 for the upper limitation....

Best regards,

Oliver Archut
www.tab-funkenwerk.com

synthi

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 08:50:07 AM »

Thanks Oliver.

I have now in front of me one V275/0 and a V275a and they don´t have inductors inside... Confused

The 275/0 is IC based, but the 275a is discrete.

Synthi

Oliver Archut

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 10:12:49 AM »

There is a chance that you have a resistor looking inductor, or that someone removed it. Also where did you get yours, was it made for IRT speced use or was it an export unit? There could be several different reasons why yours does not have a coil...

I try to get you a photo...

Best regards,
Oliver Archut
www.tab-funkenwerk.com

Bruno Stevens

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 11:59:43 AM »

Oliver,
I just found a W75KA in my...err studio basement, any decent uses? We have a nice Neve console, so we don't need to build another one Razz ...

Thanks,
Bruno

TonyStarks

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 11:17:40 PM »

cool forum guys - I found this thread looking for info on some Siemens V275/0 summing amps Im lookin to rack - maybe I should start another thread?

I've not had much luck looking for schemetics tho - I have a friend who should be able to do the electronics for me without much trouble so long as he has the right info.

Thanks for any help anyone can give,

Oliver Archut

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2007, 05:05:30 PM »

Hi guys,

I am currently on the road and as soon as I am back I will upload the schematics.... I think I have all versions.

Best regards,

Oliver Archut
www.tab-funkenwerk.com

synthi

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2007, 08:21:49 PM »

Thanks Oliver! Smile

Synthi

TonyStarks

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2007, 08:01:55 PM »

Oliver Archut wrote on Thu, 08 February 2007 16:05

Hi guys,

I am currently on the road and as soon as I am back I will upload the schematics.... I think I have all versions.

Best regards,

Thanks Oliver, that would be great.

The differant V275 versions really have me scratching my head.

My tech has told me that the /0 versions I have aren't summing mixers at all, & both the schems I have dont appear to be at all like the modules.

So I bought what I thought would make a nice summing buss, but turns out I might end up with some pres  Embarassed

T.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 21 queries.