R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: recording and save issue!?!?!?!?  (Read 1064 times)

pakman

recording and save issue!?!?!?!?
« on: January 30, 2005, 08:46:30 PM »

the other nite i was recording some djs sets at club, im using sound forge 7.0 on a laptop. so when the nite was over i saved the whole file as an mp3 cuz i didnt feel like waiting for 6 hour wav file to save. so when it was done saveing the file save there was no sound. i tried to reload it and rebuild the peaks and still nothing. is there anything i can do get the sound back.

kevin

Ronny

Re: recording and save issue!?!?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 12:12:28 AM »

pakman wrote on Sun, 30 January 2005 20:46

the other nite i was recording some djs sets at club, im using sound forge 7.0 on a laptop. so when the nite was over i saved the whole file as an mp3 cuz i didnt feel like waiting for 6 hour wav file to save. so when it was done saveing the file save there was no sound. i tried to reload it and rebuild the peaks and still nothing. is there anything i can do get the sound back.

kevin

If you recorded in PCM and saved the file to mp3, there may be a copy of the original in your Temp folder if the file size allotment is large enough. What I would be concerned about, is why it disappeared. It shouldn't have. Do a search for .wav in the laptop and see if it finds any .wav's with untitled.wav as the file name.
------Ronny Morris - Digitak Mastering------
---------http://digitakmastering.com---------