R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Name/Model number of my Siemens mixer  (Read 16309 times)

echorec

Name/Model number of my Siemens mixer
« on: January 27, 2005, 05:49:01 PM »

Hi,

I am curious if my mixer has a name or model number. It has the V276A preamps, W295b EQ:s, 24 inputs, 8 buses, 2 master, built in 1974.

I can upload a picture if that helps.

Thanks.

Oliver Archut

Re: Name/Model number of my Siemens mixer
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 12:10:32 PM »

Hello Echorec,

a pic is always good for identification, I have attached the brochure of the standard "SITRAL" console that was build from 1966 to 1975 in different versions, 12/24/36 into 2, busses depending on the application.

Console as shown in the pic was sold for $24000 in the US in 1970...

The next generation the Sitral B was build to 1980 and finally they Sitral C that ended the Siemens ELA line...

Best regards,

Oliver Archut
www.tab-funkenwerk.com

We are so advanced, that we can develop technology that can determine how much damage the earth has taken from the development of that technology.

echorec

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 06:51:00 PM »

Thanks Oliver, here is a picture:

http://web.telia.com/~u81503617/sitral/bord0412.jpg

Oliver Archut

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 07:59:19 PM »

Nice console, looks like a Sitral B to me without seeing it on location, I would say it was build after 1975, the knobs and faders are post 75, the frame however is a Sitral A series.
Do you know if you have the VCA controlled faders with build in limiter? That is a good indicator to get a general idea...

If you need documentations on the modules, please let me know, I have the entire Siemens Sitral blueprints with all revision on the modules. Plus several boxes of NOS replacement parts like x-former, etc...

There must be a fascinating story with that console, were it came from etc, wana share?

I attached a pic of the last Sitral C, 20 into 4 (stereo) into two made in 84 as a reference on Sitral history..... Currently sitting in my storage room doing nothing...

Most Beatles movie sound were mixed on Klangfilm Sitral A consoles, I have somewhere some Siemens advertising from the time period...

Oliver Archut
www.tab-funkenwerk.com

We are so advanced, that we can develop technology that can determine how much damage the earth has taken from the development of that technology.

echorec

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2005, 08:39:59 PM »

Thanks Oliver,

The mixer came from the TV-station in Unterfuhringen outside Munchen. The faders were changed to Neumann active but originally they were Siemens passive. Also some of the EQs were changed to Filtek mk5 (which I really like) but originally all of them were W295b (which I also really like). The compressors (one on each bus) are ADR F700.

I bought this last fall in parts, had not been tested or powered on for the last 8 years. I have spent quite some time soldering and getting it all together but now it is up and running up here in Stockholm and it sounds excellent!

Luckily for me it was very well documented, lots of big & detailed schematics (dated 1974) etc, otherwise I would not have managed to get it together on my own.

I will let you know when I need documentation & parts, thanks for offering.  Smile

Oliver Archut

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2005, 01:45:55 PM »

Hello Echorec,

with the Neumann faders and Filtek EQs (www.bfe-systemhaus.de a Siemens company) it is one of many ZDF (TV station) hybrids. I own two historic Tab-Siemens-Neumann hybrids myself from the same TV station.
Never the less a pretty good working console with lots of different options...

I found the Siemens add of the studio that did most of the Beatles sound editing....

Best

Oliver Archut
www.tab-funkenwerk.com

echorec

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2005, 05:51:44 PM »

Wow, that is a cool ad!  Smile

permeke

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2005, 05:22:39 AM »

Oliver .
Someone offered me a Siemens C4.
It has 12 channels mono and 4 channels stereo .+ 2 stereo sub outs.
I don't have any idea about the history of these type of consoles, nor do I have any info on the layout and / build quality.

So any info on the C4 is greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

Oliver Archut

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2005, 12:51:49 PM »

Hello Permke,

the C3/4/5/6/7/8 type of consoles are build around the same idea and layout, but different size, application, etc.
All Op-amp and VCA based with some discrete parts like the resonance EQs, mostly designed around the DBX chips.
Not to many were built and very difficult to repair and "NO" replacement parts are available anymore.
If the console works and has no problems they are quite nice, I do not know about the C4, but most of them can be computer controlled with any PC based platform, a simple form of flying faders.
I attached the Siemens description, but not to much info like schematics are available.
Most of the later C series were made at WSW the austrian Siemens.

Best regards,
Oliver Archut
www.tab-funkenwerk.com

echorec

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2005, 04:03:28 PM »

Oliver Archut wrote on Sat, 29 January 2005 18:45

I own two historic Tab-Siemens-Neumann hybrids myself from the same TV station.

Hi, did you mean you also bought them from Unterfuhringen? What a coincidence. Do you have any pictures of yours? I have never seen any other consoles like this.

Best,

Gunnar

theremin

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2006, 07:19:21 PM »

Hey Oliver

is there a resource or person to contact to get old manuals, service manuals, spec sheets etc on some of this old equipment?  I am trying to build a resource database for audio engineers.  I just thought it would be nice to have these things available in one place Smile.

sorry to hijack your thread echorec Smile  nice console Razz

S!

Jason
RecordingJunkie.com - User driven audio equipment library
Studio Search - Register so people can find your studio!

echorec

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2006, 08:18:40 PM »

theremin wrote on Sun, 03 December 2006 00:19

sorry to hijack your thread echorec Smile  nice console Razz

No problem   Smile

Oliver Archut

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2006, 08:19:10 PM »

Aside my archive I do not know to may people that have some stuff laying around. There is a german web-page that has a bunch of schematic somewhere...

Best regards,

Oliver
Oliver Archut
www.tab-funkenwerk.com

echorec

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2006, 08:34:31 PM »

Oliver Archut wrote on Sun, 03 December 2006 01:19

There is a german web-page that has a bunch of schematic somewhere...

http://audio.kubarth.com/

theremin

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2006, 10:58:28 PM »

good resource echorec Smile

I'm gonna contact the webmaster and see if he minds if I share some of the knowledge as well.  or at least link to him. Smile

S!

Jason
RecordingJunkie.com - User driven audio equipment library
Studio Search - Register so people can find your studio!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 17 queries.