R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What do YOU do?  (Read 4892 times)

weihfool

Re: What do YOU do?
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2005, 05:42:16 PM »

Like Spankenstein, I got tired of someone else fucking up my recordings, so I decided I might as well do it myself.  I interned at a small project studio for about 2.5 years and then worked as a staff "engineer" there for about a year.  That whole living session to session, not knowing when I'd be paid next, getting my acoustic guitar broken by one of the studio owners and then shoddily repaired, I decided it was time to go back to a day job.  Tech support for a home and car audio manufacturer.  Not the greatest job, but a good company to work for, flexible hours, and my supervisor is an engineer, too!

I will now toss my hat into the ring as being a member of the laziest band on the planet.

alanfc

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2005, 02:47:20 PM »

I'm the guitar player in the band, and happen to know the most about the recording & mixing stuff. So I'm in charge of that. I'm having alot of fun and trying not to spend too much $$.
Our homemade CD will be ready the end of Feb. or so, to give out at gigs and to family.

el duderino

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2005, 02:58:43 PM »

Thomas Lester wrote on Tue, 04 January 2005 10:33

After doing one too many rap albums, having a friend shot at (Quad in NYC)

would that be tupac? if not, how many freakin people have been shot at that place? Shocked

TotalSonic

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2005, 06:06:05 PM »

Hello.  Usually I mainly post on Brad's forum but I lurk here and couldn't resist jumping into a "vanity thread".

Anyway my day gig is as the mastering engineer at Europadisk.  A lot of what I do is tranfers to vinyl master using the Neumann Direct Metal Mastering lathe.  fun stuff.  I also do lots of mastering for CD too.  

A small sideline is reselling and supporting SAWStudio software which is by far my favorite native PC DAW app.

In my off time I play cello for a string quartet that features 2 cellos and performs mostly original music called Invert.  Kind of film music without a film ala Kronos or Rachels.  We play clubs here in NYC like the Knitting Factory and The Cutting Room fairly regularly, tour to colleges when we can, have been featured on a couple tracks by Guided By Voices among other stuff.

I also do a little bit of tracking and mixing at my own project studio when time permits.  Recent credits for this was composing, performing and recording the score for a short film by Michelle Cutler, producing & recording for French techno artist D-Xristo and recording spoken word/hip-hop maniacs El Fuma.

Best regards,
Steve Berson

Thomas Lester

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2005, 07:28:04 PM »

Assman wrote on Thu, 13 January 2005 14:58

Thomas Lester wrote on Tue, 04 January 2005 10:33

After doing one too many rap albums, having a friend shot at (Quad in NYC)

would that be tupac? if not, how many freakin people have been shot at that place? Shocked

Nope... Not tupac.  I can't remember who the rivals were, only my friend got shot, but just grazed his arm.  I think there has actually been one more shooting at Quad as well in addition to this one.

-Tom

craig boychuk

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2005, 11:04:45 AM »

Audio engineer / musician in Winnipeg.

I'm currently working on getting a proper facility on the go...right now I do freelance stuff around town, and have a modest setup at home for mixing/mastering. No fancy gear, but I've got a good room and some ears. I've become very interested in mastering in the past few years, and am getting pretty good results with what I have. I'm looking forward to the new room, though!

The scene here is really taking off, and I get to work with really good bands. This is something I try not to take for granted!! I tend to work on a lot of heavy/noisy stuff these days, but I still have a good variety of clients coming to me.

I also play drums in a band called Prague.

yup.
Capture the pasture rapture.
www.cbaudio.com

rvdsm

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2005, 10:51:11 PM »

I'm a video editor for a small cable company.
I started out in audio by going to school, but have since found more pleasure in the video world. I occasionally dabble with audio from time to time, but nothing nine to five.

I would really like to work on a big project that requires spending lots of time on a plush control room couch. Silence. Couch. Mmmmmmmmmmmm.....
We walked along and talked along till we came to the levelest ground....then I picked up a stick of wood and I knocked that Boston bitch down!

lynyrd

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2005, 08:07:36 PM »

I am a member of the other laziest band in the world (there seems to be a multi-way tie) and I decided to take the plunge and get a DAW. I have built up some gear over the years and so far the hit to my wallet isn't too bad. Of course that could change if I start buying great tube pre-s and stuff!

beau

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2005, 08:08:06 PM »

guitar player, engineer, producer, mixer.  pro tools geek.
I'll take ape tit for 500.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 20 queries.