R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome Oliver!  (Read 8796 times)

Level

Welcome Oliver!
« on: January 02, 2005, 07:15:34 PM »

Great for you to take time to do this!
http://balancedmastering.com

"Listen and Learn"
---Since 1975---

Dan Kennedy

Re: Welcome Oliver!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2005, 08:01:42 PM »

Hi Oliver,

Great to see you here!

Dan

Kev

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2005, 08:29:45 PM »

hey welcome

have fun ...  Cool

mantovibe

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2005, 10:25:59 PM »

good news  Cool
-Renzo Mantovani-

JGreenslade

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2005, 09:00:41 AM »

Good to see you here Oliver! Looking forward to the forthcoming discussions.

Regards,
Justin
Audio is a vocational affliction

"there is no "homeopathic" effect in bits and bytes." - HansP

Middleman

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2005, 11:06:19 AM »

Welcome Oliver. How's Kansas?

Oliver Archut

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2005, 01:57:07 PM »

Hello Middleman,

thank you far asking, aside being able to live in the US , this is the most live changing event in my live.
Getting out here and leaving the big city of Seattle behind, was first to reduce my overhead (something that kills about 70% of small/start up companies).
Now nearly a year later, I am finding that it benefits all areas of my live, not just the money part, less stress, better mental health, better eating (the next fast food is about 1h away), more time, more room, and no rush hour, wonderful neighbors and I could go one for several pages, counting out everything that changed my live.
Sure there are drawbacks, but over all if you do not have to find a job out here, it is nearly the perfect live; at least for me.

Aside living very close to the center of the universe (the geographical center of the continental US is approx. 27 miles from here) this county (Smith County that is) has the highest live expectancy rate in the US...

Some people find the move and the story so important that it even made the front page of the LA times, plus several other major city news papers; my good friend Lynn posted it already in his forum so instead of reposting it here just follow the link
http://www.3daudioinc.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_top ic&f=14&t=002392

PBS came out here as well, and they will air a short liner about coming out here and what we do sometimes this month...
Oliver Archut
www.tab-funkenwerk.com

We are so advanced, that we can develop technology that can determine how much damage the earth has taken from the development of that technology.

Barry Hufker

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2005, 04:32:19 PM »

I know it's been said.  But I too want to add my voice.

Welcome Oliver!  It is great to have access to your knowledge and experience.

Barry

Sam Lord

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2005, 09:15:31 PM »

Hi Oliver, thank you for adding yet more wisdom and experience to the forums.  Your posts, especially in Klaus's forum, have been very enlightening for myself and many others.

You might be amused by the following TRUE STORY: the proprietors of my old company, once based in the grand metropolis of Lincoln, Nebraska, is now housed in a *former middle school* in Torrington Wyoming, because of cost and the OUTSTANDING acoustics of the old gym.  They still have plans to build a recording studio there, but not tomorrow...   They are now building great speakers there. (He is one of the best loudspeaker designers on the planet.)  The old operation in Lincoln is under new ownership, building high-end power amps as before.  The fact is, no great audio pro belongs in a city or town, they just need to disappear into "Flyover Country!"

My wife and I moved to a bigger city (but closer to Nashville...).  I wish your family and business the very best!  Regards, Sam    

Middleman

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2005, 10:26:05 PM »

I am from Missouri originally but have settled in LA. I love Kansas. I was just through there this last August and the wide open spaces are alluring after this big city stuff. When I get near retirement, I'm going to call you for a job!  Very Happy

You helped me a couple of years ago with some information on a Neumann CMV3 microphone and its value. So thanks for that, I did not end up buying it, too overpriced.

Look forward to your participation here.

Oliver Archut

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2005, 10:26:40 AM »

Hello Sam,

I hear you on the great acoustics, for myself the school came with a 300 seat auditorium, build solid from ground on, red brick with a steel garter skeleton and a 8 inch concrete roof. I hope to find the time and the money to first repair the leaky roof and that change it  over to a recording space. Currently I use it for testing mics, with the 1950s heavy curtains I can create several room set ups and test polar response and S/N test.

I drove several times to Lincoln last year when I needed (hardware store) supplies. It does not strike me as an overcrowded city or as an expensive one.

School houses for audio seem to become popular Razz
Can you give us any hint about the speaker company? In Seattle and surroundings there were two speaker companies (O.K. one was a horn maker) that were owner operated... Was always fun to stop by there and hang out...

Hello Middleman,

if you have some talent why do you want to wait to retirement and not send me your resume or call me up for a job. Biggest problem I have and had in Seattle to find talented people with an attention span longer than a TV commercial... I interview 50 people to find one person that can I train to wind x-former....

Best regards,

Oliver
Oliver Archut
www.tab-funkenwerk.com

We are so advanced, that we can develop technology that can determine how much damage the earth has taken from the development of that technology.

Oliver Archut

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2005, 10:37:12 AM »

Here is a full blown pic of the auditorium....
Oliver Archut
www.tab-funkenwerk.com

Level

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2005, 04:54:40 PM »

Man, you got one hell of a bargin.

I am going to PM you about something.

http://balancedmastering.com

"Listen and Learn"
---Since 1975---

Brian Roth

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2005, 12:42:30 AM »

Welcome to The Heartland, Oliver!  I'm hiding <g> here in Oklahoma, just to the South of Kansas.

Bri

Brian Roth Technical Services
Oklahoma City, OK
www.BrianRoth.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 19 queries.