R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Final mixdown format for my situation Advice please!!  (Read 1072 times)

Marty Bilecki

Final mixdown format for my situation Advice please!!
« on: December 29, 2004, 07:38:13 PM »

Happy Holidays all..

We am looking for some advice as to how to better our final stereo mix format  for our Little studio..

Here is the set up so far...  As a footnote we do also master our own smaller projects so that might explain why I have been resistant to change till now..  

Our main little studio uses Nuendo with 1 ad 8000 ad/da , 3 Steinberg (RME)I/o 's , and a frontier tango..  40 tracks back to an Amek Big with audio upgrades mods etc.. Analog out of the amek inserts through a Summit Dual program eq..  Then a Rosetta ad (48k ver)(Aes out and Word clock out)) to a tascam da45 hr .. I print safeties to a second older dual p3 pc with Wavelab 5 through the AES out of the dat machine... We also own a Masterlink and have dabbled with it but the interface is so clumsy I still gravitate to using the damn DA45HR.. So if you were me would you bag the Dat and print to the Alesis and Wavelab? ..  I seem to like the new Universal Audio AD/DA so that is what I was leaning towards and then maybe the new Tascam hard disc mastering recorder that was shown at AES..  

In our little mastering room I have another DA 45 hr .. a Finalizer..  (( not for long!!))  a Manley variable mu and a waves gold bundle on a pc with wavelab...

thanks  in advance..    

Hey no flaming about the finalizer!!!!  I know! I know!

marty bilecki    www.performancesound.com
 Martin J. Bilecki
 Performance Recording and Sound
 Orland Hills,Il. U.S.of A.
  WWW.PerformanceSound.com

Marty Bilecki

Re: Final mixdown format for my situation Advice please!!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2004, 05:38:35 PM »

Respectfully Bumped!!
 Martin J. Bilecki
 Performance Recording and Sound
 Orland Hills,Il. U.S.of A.
  WWW.PerformanceSound.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 16 queries.