R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Da' truth, eh?  (Read 2036 times)

Lee Tyler

Da' truth, eh?
« on: December 23, 2004, 11:49:03 PM »

I just lifted this comment off an allied audio site regarding a discussion on the "realty TV" phenomenon. I thought it to be rather true and insightful:

Quote:

Ain't it funny how these things happen? We finally get HDTV at the moment that TV has truly descended into a wasteland; we get ultrahigh fidelity music capability just in time for grunge & rap.

Thoughts and comments encouraged!   ---Lee

Nurse to doctor: "Doctor, there is a man in the waiting room who thinks he's invisible".

Doctor to nurse: "Nurse, tell him I can't see him"

lucey

Re: Da' truth, eh?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2004, 10:27:34 PM »

Technology and Wisdom are on opposite paths as far as I can tell.  Thus we live in stasis, not evolution or devo.

This technology/wisdom balance is why Conservatives want to go back to a better time, and Liberals want to imagine a future with better humans on the planet.  Both are inaccurate and silly.  There was no "good old days" and "Imagine all the People living for today" will never happen with Fear and Greed fueling many today, yesterday and always.

It's all the same freakin day man, Janis was right.  Changing landscapes and technologies are the only constant, actual progress and moral regress are illusions of technology lovers and religious dogmatists.
Brian Lucey
Magic Garden Mastering

"the economy is a wholly owned subsidiary of the ecology" - unknown
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 17 queries.