R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: arcade fire ep what?!  (Read 4258 times)

mogwailoveyou

arcade fire ep what?!
« on: December 22, 2004, 07:21:57 AM »

i was looking to see if i could find a copy of the arcade fire's original ep the only place i could find it was on ebay for rediculous prices well over $30!!! this ep came out last year! i know several people on here have talked about the songs on that ep being good. i'm interested in hearing them and while i'm an advocate for purchasing music i'm unwilling to pay some guy in canada 50 bucks for a cd he paid $5 for. if anybody has the songs and would like to share them i'd be quite appreciative. email me at alittlemogwai@hotmail.com
mogwai love you and need you

j.hall

Re: arcade fire ep what?!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2004, 10:05:53 AM »

this is off topic......but

i have an old friend that makes his living.....a decent one at that.....by driving all over the midwest and some points beyond, rolling into small towns and digging through old record stores for rare funk records....almost exclusively singles (7", 45's, whatever you call them)

and yes, it's only funk.....he's not looking for the sex pistols or anything.....only funk bands.

he buys these things for around a dollar or less, and depending on the condition of the record, and the sleeve, and how rare they are, he sells them for upwards of 500 bucks each.

some go for 30.......some 150....you get the point.

and yes, they sell.

Ryan A. Mills

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 03:45:07 PM »

My little brother played drums on that EP. It's a great record. We tried to mix it at my place, but for some reason their protools files wouldn't line up properly in any mixing programs I could find... so, they mixed it themselves. The sound isn't fantastic, but the songs are really good. Especially "No Cars Go" and "Vampire/Forest fire".

If you write the band, they still have copies in print. Don't pay the crazy ebay prices.

mogwailoveyou

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2004, 07:41:24 PM »

haha that's quite an impressive story considering that right now they are all that and a bag of potato chips. i will try this "email the band" thing you speak of. thanks again.

Ryan A. Mills

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2004, 09:28:49 AM »

Yeah, they're definitely doing quite well for themselves right now. Win is one of the best songwriters I've ever known... so, hopefully that's what people get out of his band. Even just him and a guitar is really quite amazing.

mogwailoveyou

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2005, 05:06:13 PM »

seriously! i didn't pick up on it the first few listens as i was too busy enjoying the general melodies but the lyrics are absolutely amazing. i'd love to hear some more subdued singer/songwriter focused stuff from him.

Bo

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2005, 04:57:58 PM »

why i just don't like that band, i'm not sure...
"knifing prostitots - one at a time"

mogwailoveyou

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2005, 05:04:08 PM »

that's a shame. they are so rediculously good, i've just been enjoying the past few months... before the hype machine swallows them whole (modest mouse anyone?)

Rivers

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2005, 12:14:55 AM »

Just saw the Arcade Fire last night...Amazing show.
7 People on stage,switching instruments between(and sometimes during)songs.
Incredibly tight and rocking and great dynamics to boot.
They are getting a ton of hype but in their case it's warranted.
Smell the Magic
http://www.katp.com

Ryan A. Mills

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2005, 12:44:57 AM »

I have a full album they recorded in 2001 and never released. Actually, many members of the band haven't heard it yet. I have the only mastered copy.

I'm saving it for a few years, then selling it on ebay and using the money to buy a new studio. ;P

Kidding. They'd kill me if they knew I even mentioned it.

mogwailoveyou

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2005, 02:23:11 AM »

haha so ryan think you might be willing to share a song or two? i'm assuming this is mostly win's stuff, kind of like that christmas "album." i'd really appreciate it and i don't share music online... hey ryan can you send me your address again? i lost that old email and i have the cd (yes yes i know it's extremely late) and notes ready. i feel really bad especially since i listen to your cd so much. and because of that i knew who owen was and i was able to explain why he was so wicked at the fiddle. damn final fantasy was good live...

Ryan A. Mills

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2005, 10:37:16 AM »

Hey man. I can't share anything, sadly. They would definitely shoot me. Maybe someday it'll come out on some kind of box set release or something. The rumour is that AF are on Conan tomorrow night, but I haven't seen any official proof of that.

email me at ryan.mills@littleking.ca and i'll reply with my address. what did i send you again? i totally forget.

how_gauche

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2005, 03:32:13 PM »

mogwailoveyou wrote on Sun, 30 January 2005 02:23

hey ryan can you send me your address again? i lost that old email and i have the cd (yes yes i know it's extremely late) and notes ready. i feel really bad especially since i listen to your cd so much. and because of that i knew who owen was and i was able to explain why he was so wicked at the fiddle. damn final fantasy was good live...

Hey Ben,

I think you're probably talking about the CD I sent you a while ago. I'll send you my address again.

mogwailoveyou

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2005, 05:56:24 PM »

how awkward...

Ryan Leigh Patterson

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2005, 09:39:12 AM »

Funny story...
A couple years ago, a friend and I were set to record a couple tunes for Arcade Fire at the Oscar Peterson Concert Hall in Montreal (for a Concordia University recording class).  We set up all the mics, the band waited patiently and when we were finally ready to roll, our PT rig crapped out cus the studio's HD was too fragmented !!!  My friend and I felt terrible for the band, and tried to get our RADAR system up, but the damage was done, and the band packed up into their school bus and headed off late into the night.  My friend and I also ended trashing one artists 30 gig PT session folder, to see if that would free up some space, assuming that the engineer had backed it up DUH!!!  Nope, no back up, on a public computer!!!!  Needless to say, the event was educational for all involved, which goes with Concordia Universities modo "education for the real world"!!
Ryan Patterson
Toronto, Ontario
www.myspace.com/ryanlpatterson

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 19 queries.