R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 absolutely Off Topic questions  (Read 7210 times)

Mark Lemaire

Re: 2 absolutely Off Topic questions
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2004, 02:51:53 PM »

Peter-

Can you possibly make your posts shorter or more concise? With the incredible length of your posts and the style in which you write I find myself just scrolling down to the next poster. This is a shame, because you have a lot of precious information to share here. I just cannot take it in because of the large and disorienting package that it gets delivered in!

Please take this post less as a criticism than as an encouragement to just shift posting style a little....

respectfully

ML
Mark Lemaire

http://www.myspace.com/MarkLemaire

http://www.rubatorecording.com/
Audiophile recording of your music. Anywhere. Anytime.

PP

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2004, 05:30:35 PM »

Mark Lemaire

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2004, 05:51:44 PM »

Peter

Hmmmmmmm.

Mark
Mark Lemaire

Gideon

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2004, 10:08:47 PM »

Peter,
Thank you for the kind words and thanks for that link also--some great pictures there.
Gideon Egger
May Ying Music, Inc.
Hell's Kitchen NYC

I put 4 compressors in series and i got more Milk and Cream and Thick sound out of the audio but why?

-Walters

ekko

« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2004, 02:38:30 AM »

well, heres a question that has baffled me and my mates many a drunken night:

drop a peanut butter sandwich from a height, and it will always land peanut butter side down.

drop a cat from a height, and it will always land on its feet.

so.....if you put peanut butter on a cats back and launch it off your roof......what the fuck happens??
"I know that here in this forum we should not talk about how the things sound."

Ivo, the magic land of the R/E/P

lowland

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2004, 04:00:15 AM »

How about this from the weblink below:

The "Cat/Toast Array" and Other Theories:

GRAND PRIZEWINNER (Subject: Perpetual Motion)-When a cat is dropped, it always lands on its feet, and when toast is dropped, it always lands buttered side down. It was proposed to strap giant slabs of hot buttered toast to the back of a hundred tethered cats; the two opposing forces will cause the cats to hover, spinning inches above the ground. Using the giant buttered toast/cat array, a high-speed monorail could easily link New York with Chicago.

http://www.icw-net.com/howto/funstuff/cattoast.htm

The other theories are worth a look, such as the one about an infinite number of rednecks.
Nigel Palmer
Lowland Masters
Essex, UK
www.lowlandmasters.com

Bill Mueller

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2004, 08:52:30 AM »

Mark,

You are missing a little something here. Peter's ...'s are where the music goes. I like a Baroque quartet with harpsichord myself, but feel free to choose for yourself.

Seriously, Peter's writing is what I would call a Stream of Extreme Conciousness. If he were to try to fit it into a form that you were comfortable with, I'm afraid it would not be emotionally enjoyable for him and therefor we all would loose, because he might not continue here.

Keep it up Peter.

Best Regards,

Bill
"Don't take it personally. But this shit is a science." J.J.Blair

“The Internet is only a means of communication,” he wrote. “It is not an amorphous extraterrestrial body with an entitlement to norms that run counter to the fundamental principles of human rights. There is nothing in the criminal or civil law which legalizes that which is otherwise illegal simply because the transaction takes place over the Internet.” Irish judge, Peter Charleton

wireline

« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2004, 09:11:15 AM »

Quote:

so.....if you put peanut butter on a cats back and launch it off your roof......what the fuck happens??

Depends on several things:

1).  Is the peanut butter creamy or crunchy?
2).  Is the cat named "Jiff," "Peter Pan," "Skippy," or similar?
3).  It stands to reason that since peanut butter sticks to the roof of your mouth, peanut butter on a cat would just simply stick to the roof of the building; therefore the cat could not be dropped to the ground.
Ken Morgan
Wireline Studio, Midland, TX
Authorized Sales Agent, WWW.Soundpure.Com

Mark Lemaire

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2004, 06:31:08 PM »

Bill-

Thanks for your thought re: Peter's writing. It's good to know that you enjoy it. Perhaps it is just an aquired taste. For me, I read the first few lines of his response to my post asking for brevity--- then started scrolling down. Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  

ML
Mark Lemaire

PP

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2004, 07:08:33 PM »

Bill Mueller

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2004, 09:14:20 PM »

Peter,

Please accept my sympathies for your losses. There is no easy time to loose a father, brother, or family member, but it seems all the harder when you are supposed to be celebrating the holidays.  

My family is also struggling. My mother has dementia/alzheimers/whatever and we are trying to get her cared for without going bankrupt. Good luck.

I am also in the final stages of finishing a video game that I have spent my life savings, home equity and borrowed three years of income to complete. I'm not complaining though. It's going to be great when it's released.

No hurry on the ear stuff. I'm sure I will gain much understanding from it when you complete it.

You sound like you have a very interesting family with interesting friends as well. Ocean vessels no less! I collect interesting friends too. They are so much more fun. Last week I spent two days in NASA's International Space Station, Mission Control Room at Johnson Space Center in Houston. If all goes well, we will soon be building products for the mission to the Moon and Mars for NASA. Some strange trip it's been.

If we don't speak before Christmas, happy holidays. Try and give yourself a few moments every day where you can enjoy some music and forget your burdens. And keep the writing coming.

Best Regards,

Bill
"Don't take it personally. But this shit is a science." J.J.Blair

“The Internet is only a means of communication,” he wrote. “It is not an amorphous extraterrestrial body with an entitlement to norms that run counter to the fundamental principles of human rights. There is nothing in the criminal or civil law which legalizes that which is otherwise illegal simply because the transaction takes place over the Internet.” Irish judge, Peter Charleton
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 19 queries.