R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Compromises: Reason, & Lack Of Reason Thereof In Audio Production.  (Read 6627 times)

Rob G

Re: Compromises: Reason, & Lack Of Reason Thereof In Audio Production.
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2004, 10:21:07 PM »

All,

I agree with the rules.  I checked in with 'GM' within the past month giving my particular details.  He wrote back, & seemed satisfied with my credentials at the time.  So hence I continue to post.  I mean if the 'boss' says things are 'O.K.' then they are 'O.K.'.  If he gets more stringent with the identity requirements then I just won't post here anymore.  It's good sharing ideas with my audio 'comrades'.  But a prohibition here won't stop my career from going forward.  Thank GOD for that.  So if that happens then 'GOD Bless'  you all, & I'm out.  If no, then I'll continue to post here.  It's that simple.  I'm no 'troll'.  Don't want to be.  I mean it's like this.  If my Pro Tools|HD system is registered in the name of 'Rob G.' (including my MDW Parametric EQ plugin authorization via the Massive Pack 2.0 purchased last year by my partner, & I for our studio), & my Logic Pro 6 is registered in the name of 'Rob G.', & every major record label, imprint, or production company that I've dealt with for the past 5 years knows me by 'Rob G.', & the local 'Guitar Center' I deal with knows(our studio bought our MPC 4000 Studio A there last year) me by 'Rob G.' then why can't people on this forum accept me as 'Rob G.'.  Who's fronting.  I'm certainly not.  I mean what do you all want.  My home address, home phone, personal cell phone, IM, drivers license#, & Social Security #?  You're not getting all of that.  GOD Bless,

'Rob G.'.

Level

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2004, 11:34:12 PM »

Rob, it may help if you turn on your PM's. I can explain. It is all clear now after 5 phone calls today.
http://balancedmastering.com

"Listen and Learn"
---Since 1975---

George Massenburg

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2004, 01:41:48 AM »

Rob G wrote on Tue, 07 September 2004 21:21

All,

I agree with the rules.  I checked in with 'GM' within the past month giving my particular details.  He wrote back, & seemed satisfied with my credentials at the time.
[...]

Rob,

It has become clear that my intended policy is either going to be enforced or, if there is compromise after compromise, simply washed out.

Before I took this job, I'd decided that it would HAVE TO BE the policy that everyone HAD to identify themselves on the forum.  Same name as your driver's license...your insurance policy.;..your equipment lease.  Through one means or another, that policy has kind of been diluted without my really noticing it.

So, much as it grieves me to lose some of our most intelligent, involved posters, I must advise those of you without real names that should you wish to continue to post, you'll need to provide a real name and a working e-mail address (you know, Rob, both Brad and I tried repeatedly to reach you at the e-mail address you provided, to no avail).   By a real name I mean that name found on your driver's license...your insurance policy.;..your equipment lease.

If there are some very unhappy folks out there, I apologize profusely in advance.  I'm just going to have to stick to my guns here and suffer the consequences.

Respectfully,
George

p.s. I hope you all know that this probably means that neither Dr. Dre or Prince will be automatically welcome.  Alas...

pounce

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2004, 02:19:50 AM »

his lack of last name may mean he will not post, but his tone makes me less interested in helping him with this topic anyhow.
cheers,
paul

paper street audio company
www.paperstreetaudio.com

Curve Dominant

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2004, 02:34:31 AM »

Quote:

posted by GM:
By a real name I mean that name found on your driver's license

My family name is Von Schneckenlinie, but Eric Vincent has been my PKA for almost 20 years now (Vincent is my real middle name, after my great grandfather). The PKA thing is kind of a grey area here.

Let me qualify that by unequivically stating that I support GM's view %100. The intermittent chaos on the MusicPlayer board was indeed frustrating at times. The fact that I may at times have contributed to that chaos is entirely beside the point. 'Nuff said about The Curve...

Knowing who's who on a professional engineering board is not much to ask. We're engineers, for gotsake. If you have something to hide in engineering, your math is flawed, and we don't want to know about that, so stay away.

I'm just a pesky student here, but that's my pesky student opinion. If you have a problem with that, my dorm room phone number is: 215-413-0463, so you can call me to personally complain, and I'll even answer the phone and listen to you. Howz that for opennness??

David Schober

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2004, 02:36:34 AM »

I find it rather ironic that the subject of this thread is a desire to not compromise one's convictions.  Yet it appears Rob, that you seem to feel free to ask that the rules here in this forum to be compromised for you, violating the very principle of your question.  

The fact that "G" is what you've gone by professionally isn't really the point.  You can say that "G" is your last name, and maybe a previous poster "outed" you so to speak by telling us your name is "Gee."  Okay fine.  But why not just join the rest of us and just say so?

If the standards of this forum don't appeal to you, there are plenty of forums where you can go by whatever you want.  As posted earlier, the choice to require all of us to use real names (and none of us believe that a single letter is your last name) is a good one, born out of the experience of previous forums.  From what you can see, those of us participating believe it's a good one and want to see it enforced.

Just as you want certain standards in recording and not to compromise them because you believe they will make the best product, George has doen the same for this forum.  I think it's a fair rule and so far has kept this forum on a much more professional level.  All you had to do is just stated your real name on your first reply and we'd be off on a good discussion....instead of three pages of this.
David Schober

Level

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2004, 02:49:42 AM »

No PM.

George and all emailers are out in the open....nothing to say privately now. I was going to reinerate privatly..what George said after my post, publically.  I tried to save you the grief.

It is the rules and if anyone types my name in MSN search, or whatever, you will see me. This is what matters. Who is who and who is whoever.
http://balancedmastering.com

"Listen and Learn"
---Since 1975---

Bill B

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2004, 12:47:14 PM »

Rob G-
After re-reading the thread from last summer between you and Dan Lavry, I just have to say, learn how to use the "Quote" feature, please!
BB

Ralf Kleemann

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2004, 06:55:58 AM »

FWIW, Rob G's message creation history suggests that he has left this forum, or turned to a more passive form of participation.

/Ralf
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.