R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dead Audix D2  (Read 1357 times)

henryrobinett

Dead Audix D2
« on: December 08, 2004, 01:23:36 PM »

A few months ago I bought an Audix D2 on eBay to go with another one I bought earlier this year. It worked for a little while but since has been dead as a door knob.  Anyone know where I can get service?  Is it worth it or should I throw it away? Is Audix pretty cool about these things.? I've seen people who were in similair situations with companies like AT and SP where they just either sent them a new one or repaired it cheap.  

Ideas?
All the best,

Henry Robinett

Matt Johnson

Re: Dead Audix D2
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 06:12:19 PM »

If I'm thinking straight, there's a small set screw near the xlr connector.  I'd loosen that up and gently pull to check the soldering.  That's most likely the issue, if it just went completely dead.  Otherwise, give them a call. 800-966-8261.  They were extremely cool with me when I had my one issue.  

henryrobinett

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004, 05:36:52 PM »

I called them.  Duh.  For $35 they'll replace the capsule and get it working again.  For an extra $10 they'll put the new screen filter on it like the other one does. So I sent it back to them and bought a new one.  So, what they hey!  Now I'll have three. Hopefully they'll come too some use.I just did a great session yesterday using two on toms with a killer drummer on a killer set.  I thought the D2s sounded great.
All the best,

Henry Robinett

James Duncan

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2004, 12:03:18 AM »

I have to agree, I really like the D2's and switch between them and my MD421's...they each have their uses on different kits/styles.
James Duncan

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
Napoleon Bonaparte

japhy4529

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 04:15:08 PM »

yep, yep.  the D2's rock on tom's.. also, the D4 is the bomb-diggity on floor tom, with the D6 a match made in heaven for kick (no, i don't work for audix, just a fan of their mics).

- tom
"That any of us have jobs is thanks to the bands we get to record and the audiences they have attracted. They are the engine that drags this whole choo-choo of assholes with cellphones behind it, and we should all respect that."
- Steve Albini
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.