R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Native Instruments Hitler Humor  (Read 12966 times)

t(h)ik

Re: Native Instruments Hitler Humor
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2004, 07:53:41 AM »

Very interesting post Peter.  Thanx for taking so much time....

TIK
I used to be self effacing, but I couldn't even do that right....
www.pmtstudios.com

judah

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2004, 06:38:40 AM »

joanna ardalan wrote on Wed, 15 December 2004 00:04

Native Instruments would like to clear up a misunderstanding that has arisen with regard to GUITAR RIG. A user has pointed out that there is a preset in GUITAR RIG's compressor entitled "Mein Comp". The user then made the suggestion that this was a deliberate play on the book entitled "Mein Kampf".

This is not the case at all. The preset name is merely an abbreviation, albeit a German one. The German word "Mein" means "my" and "Comp" is short for "compressor". In view of the fact that Native Instruments is in fact a German company and the sound designer is also German, the origins and intentions of this preset name are understandable and have nothing whatsoever to do with "Mein Kampf", the Third Reich, NAZIs or indeed any other unsavoury connotations.

However, in order to ensure that any further misinterpretations do not occur in the future, this preset will be substituted for one entitled "My Compressor". Native Instruments would like to apologize for any misunderstandings and any offence this might have caused.

Sorry to jump in but this is the most crazy and ridiculous stuff I've heard lately. A company forced to change one preset's name because someone doesn't have anythign better to do during his days. I want Waves to change their Delay preset named Analog Delay. It reminds me of ANAL and I'm very disturbed by homosexuality and anal sex. This is the sad world we are living in 2004.

R.
Ronnie Amighetti
DIESEL
Laboratorio di registrazione sonora

"I'm fucking busy and vice versa."
Dolly Parton

Ralf Kleemann

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2004, 09:20:05 AM »

judah wrote on Mon, 20 December 2004 11:38

This is the sad world we are living in 2004.

Sad world or not, you have to take such implications into account if you want to play in the professional league as a company. Somebody somewhere might feel like sueing you, this is not only a problem in the USA. In the same way in which your circuit design has to pass the FCC or CE certification, a "pro" company should run their software through some kind of sanity check before shipping. Doesn't hurt.
The "Mein Comp" issue might not be the best example, though, since even two unrelated German native speakers had extreme difficulties seeing a problem here, and believe me, back home we get this sort of thing quite a bit.

Fletcher

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2004, 08:15:17 AM »

joanna ardalan wrote on Tue, 14 December 2004 18:04

However, in order to ensure that any further misinterpretations do not occur in the future, this preset will be substituted for one entitled "My Compressor". Native Instruments would like to apologize for any misunderstandings and any offence this might have caused.

I for one would never buy a product that had anything labeled on it called "my compressor"... it reminds me too much of "my first SONY" or "my little pony".

You wanna call it "Mein Comp", even as someone whose circumcision was not installed for cosmetic purposes... even with the potential misunderstanding for a 'Hitler' reference... that name is FAR less offensive to me than "my compressor".

My compressor is a Drawmer 1968... any other piece of gear is someone else's compressor!!!
CN Fletcher

mwagener wrote on Sat, 11 September 2004 14:33
We are selling emotions, there are no emotions in a grid

"Recording engineers are an arrogant bunch.  
If you've spent most of your life with a few thousand dollars worth of musicians in the studio, making a decision every second and a half... and you and  they are going to have to live with it for the rest of your lives, you'll get pretty arrogant too.  It takes a certain amount of balls to do that... something around three"
Malcolm Chisholm

Piyono

« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2004, 02:39:29 AM »

Fletcher wrote on Tue, 21 December 2004 13:15

even as someone whose circumcision was not installed for cosmetic purposes...

MOT? Wow. "Fletcher" doesn't strike me as a particularly Jewish name.
Nu, Vos Macht a Yid?
Smile

]-[

Level

« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2004, 10:22:12 AM »

Neither does Roberts...but my Dad was adopted. Don't place emphesis on names is the total conclusion of all these threads..as you have no clue as to what the actual intention or origin.

I will say this, my Dad was definitly not a part of the "hitler youth"

I can't say if renaming myself Wilheim Klein would make any difference. Afterall, it is my real name..had he not been adopted.
http://balancedmastering.com

"Listen and Learn"
---Since 1975---

bubba

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2004, 10:00:41 AM »

Dear Mr. Gusaddy!

I think your comparison regarding "My Comp" very amusing not to say ridiculous.

What is your history degree? Do you think the germans still have Nazi flags out there? This is history and about 50 years ago!

Most Germans know that subject from their history lessons and films.
I was recently in Germany and I must say they have their country much better under control than my country the US does. e.g. Social security and so on...

I'm a US citizien and I'm more concerned about our president than Hitler.
Hitler is history and dead...

I think Mr. Weihe did a great explantion.

Mr. Gusaddy it would be a good idea to think about such a thread before posting.

Sincerely,

Ed Farbstein

This here is the real subject:

Because  of the horrendous results of the recent election, I, as I'm sure many of  you , am in mourning for my country and in fact, the entire planet Earth.  What is sad is the obvious fact that so many Americans seem to have their  heads totally buried in the sand. All those that voted for the republican  creeps who won can only see what is affecting them right now, and  don't even see much of that. They obviously couldn't care less about what  kind of world  they're leaving to their children, grandchildren and great grandchildren?the  massive debt they'll be saddled with, not to mention no more clean water  to drink or air to breathe. As long as they can pay less tax, everything  will be just fine. National forests and other, formerly protected public  lands over-logged, drilled in,  polluted  ? basically  pillaged  so that  future generations will never get a chance to appreciate their beauty.

You'd  think that the 90%+ of the rest of the world (whose media isn't nearly as  filtered as ours) despising the United States only because of the Bush policies,  would have tipped the  American  voters  off  that something is horribly wrong with the disgustingly miserable creatures  passing as our "administration". I feel that Bush getting reelected  could be the worst thing to happen to our planet since Hitler. Does anyone  really  believe Bush's "war on terror" is really getting anywhere? Are  these Republican-voting fools reading different newspapers than I am? Oh,  perhaps they can't read, so I guess they just watch Fox "news", that  we all know is so "fair & balanced"?yeah right! Looks  to me like terrorism is just getting worse - at least that's  what they want us to believe. Hey, wait a minute, they're actually telling  us they're losing!

The environment  didn't seem to be much of an issue this election. Too bad?Kerry should  have jumped all over Bush & Cheney's pushing through logging, mining & drilling  permits on taxpayer-owned public lands under the media radar, not to curb  our dependence on foreign energy  (because it won't?it's literally a drop in the oil barrel) but merely  to line the pockets of owners of the big oil, gas, lumber, paper and coal  mining  companies who are the Bush administration's buddies and campaign supporters.  After all, GWB was an oil guy!

Tom Tannenberger

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2004, 08:12:59 AM »

dear Fletcher, you know that Microtech Gefell (that you distribute) is the eastern sister company of Neumann (as you were attacking them above, you attacked MG as well)?
also, making fun out of a preset name and a product (with the "I wouldn´t buy it" undertone) is really brave when owning a site that looks like "my granddad has a tattooshop".
I was always impressed by the quality kit content of the Mercenary site and loved to have a look every now and then, also ordering because of the nice Euro/Dollar relation at the moment, but dissing 2 companies (first diss without the historical facts related to the company it is today, second diss with an arrogant undertone) is really a bit heavy.
maybe I have misunderstood something, then I made an idiot of myself, but maybe not. it´s a pitty, as I liked what you´ve written and done so far...

Loco

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2005, 11:11:39 PM »

Fletcher wrote on Tue, 21 December 2004 08:15

You wanna call it "Mein Comp", even as someone whose circumcision was not installed for cosmetic purposes... even with the potential misunderstanding for a 'Hitler' reference... that name is FAR less offensive to me than "my compressor".

Getting away with that name change is so ritarded as demanding the Deutsche Gramophon company to stop selling Wilhelm Kempf playing Beethoven so great at the piano because his name sounds like some crazy stuff that happened over half a century ago.

Or asking Dodge to stop priducing the Dakota because it sounds like Tallikota.

How many people should be angry at MetricHalo for their Channel Strip plugin reminding them all the atrocities made by the 6-point-star army at the Gaza Strip...

Empirical Labs must be in deep trouble for their "nuke" setting on their racks.

I remember seeing synth presets that sounded like Nanjing or Hindu Kush, and nobody complained.

Keep the damn teutonic name. Make some music.
Carlos "El Loco" Bedoya

"There's no right, there's no wrong. There's only popular opinion"   Jeffrey Goines
http://www.tukanart.com

supafuzz

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2005, 09:21:58 AM »

I did NOT SEE that preset on my Native Instruments..
oops...

sorry

i think it's just my compressor..

No one names their kids adolph any more at least...
New home of harley fine/zeroville productions
http://www.metrosonic.net

stag

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2005, 08:42:20 AM »

IMO the stinking fascist here is you .
Rubbing on German's faces the deeds of a minority of its citizen 60 years ago it plain sucks.
 It seems that everybody else is an innocent ,well it ain´t.
 BTW did you harassed them because of the word Native...perhaps they were mocking the entire genocide of the Indian Nation perpetrated by Europeans in AmeriKKKa.

Never the less you granted well your place on my ignore list.

David Schober

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2005, 09:12:47 AM »

bubba wrote on Mon, 27 December 2004 09:00

I feel that Bush getting reelected  could be the worst thing to happen to our planet since Hitler.

Now there's a perspective with an understanding of history that speaks for itself.

Stalin, Pol Pot, Rwanda's murderers, Mao and Milosovich....to name a few, were choir boys until real evil arrived.  I'm not sure civilization itself will survive four more years.  Hillary my never get her chance.

oops....gotta go.  Michael Moore is calling...
David Schober

Timeline

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2005, 06:49:11 AM »

Anyone care for a nice cup of tea?
Gary Brandt
Timeline

t(h)ik

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2005, 07:59:04 AM »

Quote:

Anyone care for a nice cup of tea?

Sounds great!  But a saloon implies hard liquor and sharp tongues... Razz  

And for the record I think it is very obvious to most that it was a pun on Mein Kampf, and they got busted.  But I have never met anyone who does not joke about Hitler.  There is a difference between joking about Hitler and being a fukked up kunt.

I don't think it is being overly sensitive to draw attention to "silly things" like this.  

It is easy to call someone an over sensitive asshole, but someone has to draw the line, make a stand etc...because it is obviously something that can NEVER be forgotten.  And fair enough maybe it was a language thang (I doubt it) but I salute anyone who has the balls to take the issue (and I think it's a big one) on in a public forum.  And if it's not fukken obvious why is the name gonna be changed?

Hope everyone is having a great February....

Lemme nough

TIK
I used to be self effacing, but I couldn't even do that right....
www.pmtstudios.com

wwittman

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2005, 12:19:55 PM »

You're right it's easy:
the person who complained about this to the company is an over sensitive asshole.

there.

seriously though, i cannot BELIEVE this stupid thread is still alive.

shows that SOME types of 'politically correct' are acceptable while others are not.

I had one client who was REALLY concerned that we had labelled one 24 track machine with a piece of tape saying "Slave" and the other with a piece saying "Master" ... he/she thought that was highly insensitive

we relabelled the two machines Dominant and Submissive... and I've been happier ever since.

I have to go now, I'm working on the "final solution" to the downloading "problem."
William Wittman
Producer/Engineer
(Cyndi Lauper, Joan Osborne, The Fixx, The Outfield, Hooters...)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 21 queries.