R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ADK A-48 vs. Peluso 22 47/251  (Read 4141 times)

andyg

ADK A-48 vs. Peluso 22 47/251
« on: November 28, 2004, 09:04:40 AM »

I know chinese mics generate some divergent opinions, but for home studio guys (on a budget) they're a nice option. I already own an ADK A-48 which I'm very happy with...I use it on rock male vocals, acoustic guitar, room mic for drums

My question is does anyone have any experience with the Peluso Mics (the 47 and 251 clones) and how do they compare with the ADK. Would the tones be redundant or would the Peluso give me a different flavor? My main application would be male rock vocals and acoustic guitar...

Timeline

Re: ADK A-48 vs. Peluso 22 47/251
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004, 12:01:54 PM »

Ask John,

I know he has sent out demo's to preview his product before.  You would likely have to slap it on a CC.

Cheers
Gary Brandt
Timeline

hargerst

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 11:01:08 PM »

andyg wrote on Sun, 28 November 2004 08:04

I know chinese mics generate some divergent opinions, but for home studio guys (on a budget) they're a nice option. I already own an ADK A-48 which I'm very happy with...I use it on rock male vocals, acoustic guitar, room mic for drums

My question is does anyone have any experience with the Peluso Mics (the 47 and 251 clones) and how do they compare with the ADK. Would the tones be redundant or would the Peluso give me a different flavor? My main application would be male rock vocals and acoustic guitar...

I talked to Larry at ADK about trying and buying either the Vienna or the Hamburg, but I still haven't heard any ADK mics, and I haven't heard from Larry either.

The Peluso mics are interesting since they're basically hand tweaked Chinese mics.  I understand John can be difficult at times, so I can't comment beyond that.

Some of the most interesting low-cost mics I've encountered recently were some of the MXL's and the Studio Projects T3.  Forget the price and where they're made; they're just damn good mics.
Harvey "Is that the right note?" Gerst
Indian Trail Recording Studio

Marik

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2004, 03:23:35 AM »

andyg wrote on Sun, 28 November 2004 14:04

My question is does anyone have any experience with the Peluso Mics (the 47 and 251 clones)...

The 47 and 251 clones???? Shocked
I hope you don't expect them even remotely sound like 47 or 251? At least I wouldn't hold my breath.
Even C12VR, which was built in house is nothing like original.
IMO, this trick with "clones" is quite... hmmm... misleading, and I would rather look into something with its own merrits.
Mark Fouxman
Samar Audio & Microphone Design
www.samaraudiodesign.com

covert

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 07:29:28 AM »

hargerst wrote on Mon, 29 November 2004 23:01

I talked to Larry at ADK about trying and buying either the Vienna or the Hamburg, but I still haven't heard any ADK mics, and I haven't heard from Larry either.

The Peluso mics are interesting since they're basically hand tweaked Chinese mics.  I understand John can be difficult at times, so I can't comment beyond that.

Some of the most interesting low-cost mics I've encountered recently were some of the MXL's and the Studio Projects T3.  Forget the price and where they're made; they're just damn good mics.

I had a Vienna and a Hamburg for a ouple of days to try.  I can't say anything about mic to mic consistancy, since I only had one of each.  In A/B comparisons, not real scientific, they both had something my MXL's lacked, my GT-55 didn't quite measure up either.  I think the Vienna was slightly better of the two.  I'm sort of loaded with mid to low end LDCs, so it's on my sometime soon list, rather than in the locker. I didn't get the V-69 ouy for the comparison either.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 16 queries.