R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: GM poses with NEW PT offering .... WOW!!!  (Read 5349 times)

Wyn Davis

GM poses with NEW PT offering .... WOW!!!
« on: November 25, 2004, 12:08:16 PM »

Finally a full printout of all session documentation AND a Career Course Auto Correct jog wheel. Its about time!

index.php/fa/416/0/
Wyn Davis
Total Access Recording Studios
Redondo Beach, California

Level

Re: GM poses with NEW PT offering .... WOW!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2004, 12:30:44 PM »

Everything but the green curtain........
http://balancedmastering.com

"Listen and Learn"
---Since 1975---

bobkatz

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2004, 02:21:09 PM »

This is the "before" picture taken in the control room of the nuclear power plant in Kiev.

You should have seen the guy's expression when they discovered that the programs have bugs. All stolen from IBM!
There are two kinds of fools,
One says-this is old and therefore good.
The other says-this is new and therefore better."

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of
electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Level

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2004, 02:33:43 PM »

In keeping up with the Ukrainian situations, I stumbled on an AP article where the AP says the reactor Chernobyl "exploded" when we know it did not explode, it was simply a core breech and a meltdown of the rod separators.

You would think they would get the facts strait.

A fire from heat breeched the core..it was not an "explosion". Thermal runaway if you will.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=282616

Someone, anyone, correct me if I am wrong. I do realize over 100,000 people had radiation poisoning. A lot of people died and still are from it.
http://balancedmastering.com

"Listen and Learn"
---Since 1975---

Wyn Davis

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2004, 02:41:24 PM »

Ok Ok Ok... That is not GM, it is GM's son. Sorry about the confusion.
Wyn Davis

Curve Dominant

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2004, 02:48:07 PM »

LOVE the steering wheel - bitchin'!

All it needs is some faux wood panelling and a pair of fuzzy dice, and that's one badass pimpmobile.

eightyeightkeys

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2004, 07:30:59 PM »

Isn't that the GUI of the....(big breath)

new and improved, not so liquid as to be runny edition of the, scrupulously modeled, multi-band, digital simulation of the analog version of the......

(said in a Bugs Bunny Martian voice of course)

discombobulator .........(echo, echo...)

plug-in ?

(Wheel not included.AU version coming soon. Maybe.)
Dave T.
D&D Music

Phillip Graham

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2004, 08:59:37 PM »

Level wrote on Thu, 25 November 2004 14:33

In keeping up with the Ukrainian situations, I stumbled on an AP article where the AP says the reactor Chernobyl "exploded" when we know it did not explode, it was simply a core breech and a meltdown of the rod separators.

You would think they would get the facts strait.

A fire from heat breeched the core..it was not an "explosion". Thermal runaway if you will.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=282616

Someone, anyone, correct me if I am wrong. I do realize over 100,000 people had radiation poisoning. A lot of people died and still are from it.

Hey Bill,

If I remember correctly from the long web summary I read on the accident, their was indeed an overpressure (what most people associate with an explosion) due to the cooling water boiling, and this sheared the lid off the top of the reactor core.

Once the core was exposed the moderator, graphite, reacts violently with air to form CO and CO2.  Graphite is a highly stable refractory (i.e. high temp. material), but only in reducing (e.g. Hydrogen) atmospheres.

The Russians put the fire out by dumping thousands of TONS Dolomite (calcium magnesium carbonate) and aluminosilicates on the fire.  Dolomite decomposes in two stable oxides, MgO and CaO, both with melting temps above 2500C.  Even with this high melting temperature blanket against air, the graphite fire still burned for nine days.

If you look at the diagrams of the accident, it looks like a lot of the core/control rods ended up on the facilities roof, as not much was dumped into the reactor vessel itself.

(BTW, if folks wonder how I know this stuff, my day job is as a PhD student in Materials Science, and I sometimes moonlight as an professional audio systems tech and acoustics consultant.)
Phillip Graham

Wyn Davis

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2004, 12:23:39 AM »

Phill,

Sorry dude, the GIT name is already taken out here in Hollywood. Tough luck buddy, better find a new school.

Wyn Davis

Eric Bridenbaker

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2004, 12:34:00 AM »

If I remember my discovery channel correctly, the accident was a result of miscommunication between the control room and another crew that were on site conducting safety tests/drills. The exchange tank overheated, and to stabilize, the control room crew went down to only 6 rods (out of 26) activated in the core. The test crew didn't realize this and went ahead with some other procedure. By the time they all found out what was going on, it was too late...

Cheers,
Eric

PP

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2004, 05:58:17 AM »

JGreenslade

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2004, 07:44:37 AM »

Going off on a somewhat serious note, I thought some of the contributors to this thread may want to see the site linked to here:

http://recforums.prosoundweb.com/index.php/t/2799/998/?SQ=c5 a224fea74cc47bb134799f5c4d2dbd

Justin
Audio is a vocational affliction

"there is no "homeopathic" effect in bits and bytes." - HansP

3D Audio

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2004, 10:12:58 AM »

Wyn Davis wrote on Thu, 25 November 2004 17:08

Finally a full printout of all session documentation AND a Career Course Auto Correct jog wheel. Its about time!

index.php/fa/416/0/

But what is with the console TV floatin in the upper right hand corner? Obviously it was pasted in. Is this like a print ad where the caption would read "This TV was made with the same technology that brought you these...."

Johnny B

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2004, 12:19:36 PM »

God, himself, made the TV float. But GM's connection to God suffered some interference this past election, so the results did not come out in the most optimal way.

OTOH, this could be a GM "imposter" because this looks to be a "vintage" tube/valve unit. And the dead giveaway is that there is no greater-than-192Khz jitter free do-hickey hanging off the side.

Plus, there was that rumour of GM's abduction when the UFO's responded to the "China Syndrome"..so it could be just another faked-up gov't propaganda photo passed thru the PT Autotune process giving us the robotic edge-like feel as is commonly heard on the French "Freedom Radio."

So, if you are wondering why the bigs, like Clear Channel, don't break new acts, don't provide more programme-content variety, and all have that same artificial sound, now you know why.  Scary, isn't it?      

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality,
they are not certain; as far as they are certain,
they do not refer to reality."
---Albert Einstein---

I'm also uncertain about everything.

ted nightshade

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2004, 12:29:32 PM »

I love the picture!

On the Chernobyl topic, I just read this:

"On the Friday evening of April 25, 1986, the reactor crew at Chernobyl-4, prepared to run a test the next day to see how long the turbines would keep spinning and producing power if the electrical power supply went off line. This was a dangerous test, but it had been done before. As a part of the preparation, they disabled some critical control systems - including the automatic shutdown safety mechanisms.

Shortly after 1:00 AM on April 26, the flow of coolant water dropped and the power began to increase.

At 1:23 AM, the operator moved to shut down the reactor in its low power mode and a domino effect of previous errors caused an sharp power surge, triggering a tremendous steam explosion which blew the 1000 ton cap on the nuclear containment vessel to smithereens.

Some of the 211 control rods melted and then a second explosion, whose cause is still the subject of disagreement among experts, threw out fragments of the burning radioactive fuel core and allowed air to rush in - igniting several tons of graphite insulating blocks."

From here: http://www.kiddofspeed.com/chapter2.html

We had our own involuntary experiment along these lines with the big east coast black out of last year- what happens when we shut off the grid power? I have read elsewhere that emergency sirens are considered non-essential systems in such an event- keeping things cool is the critical concern beyond all others. Fortunately our diesel backups worked, that time...
Ted Nightshade aka Cowan

There's a sex industry too.
Or maybe you prefer home cookin'?
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.