R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pantera /Damage Plan guitarist shot onstage  (Read 3590 times)

jfrigo

Pantera /Damage Plan guitarist shot onstage
« on: December 09, 2004, 11:15:35 AM »

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=57345

What a strange world we live in. Dimebad Daryl, founder of metal band Pantera, currently with Damage Plan, was shot and killed onstage in Columbus last night.

OTR-jkl

Re: Pantera /Damage Plan guitarist shot onstage
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 11:24:27 AM »

jfrigo wrote on Thu, 09 December 2004 10:15

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=57345

What a strange world we live in. Dimebad Daryl, founder of metal band Pantera, currently with Damage Plan, was shot and killed onstage in Columbus last night.

Yeah, says the guy shot him 6 or 7 times. I've recorded a session or 2 at the little studio Pantera used to own here in town.
J Lowes ยท OTR Mastering
Professional Audio Production for Life
www.ShoutLife.com/OTRMastering

moogus

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 11:09:12 PM »

Such terrible news.  When is America going to wake up about gun control?

M
This supports my pet theory that weird, purple jellyfish are behind everything peculiar that ever happens anywhere.

Level

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 02:00:14 AM »

Not trying to be political, that asshole would have obtained one illegally anyway.

Pantera was one of the few metal bands I like the feel of due to diamond (D bag). Well I listened to them way back. The dude did have a good vibe and chops, for H metal, up there in execution and production. One live show attended from 800 feet away outside for me. Humans suck. Look at ebay, people profiting off of his death.

So sad....bad situation all the way around.
http://balancedmastering.com

"Listen and Learn"
---Since 1975---

moogus

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2004, 09:42:28 AM »

Or maybe he would have used a knife.  Personally, if there was a 1% chance that this could be influeced through banning hand guns, Id take the chance.  I think if you could ask any of the victims they might just agree.  Id much rather take on a psyco with a knife than  one with a gun.

M
This supports my pet theory that weird, purple jellyfish are behind everything peculiar that ever happens anywhere.

kickerkeef

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2004, 09:52:06 AM »

Like all music lovers I was shocked and disturbed by the killing of Dimebag. Although I am not a huge metal fan I do have a huge amount of respect for his talent and innovation.

I live in Australia which, if you didn't know, has very tight gun control laws. My band performed on the night after Dimebag's murder (Thursday) at a venue in Australia. On this particular night, 2 drugged and/or drunk hoods were ejected from the venue mid-performance. The stage set-up has the band backed by big, glass windows. The 2 hoods went immediately to the rear of the stage and PUNCHED their fists thru THREE 10mm-thick glass windows. These guys wanted to seriously fuck something up. They broke their hands and were subsequently 'sorted out' by security. If these guys had had guns in their pockets there is a good chanced they may have used them instead of their fists. This could have resulted in similar carnage to the Damageplan scenario.

AUSTRALIANS CAN'T GET GUNS EASILY!! and because of this fact we don't feel under-equiped without them. The hoods don't feel as though they're under-equiped without them. Sure, most of them pack knives, but what good is that if you wanna smash thru a window?! My bandmates and I are sure glad they didn't have easy access to guns.

Perhaps this has much to do with the lack of similar shootings in my country. How can anyone say that if this guy only had a knife that it would have been a similar outcome!!! Gun control is fucking VITAL!! Wake up America.
"Water, water everywhere. Let's all have a drink!"
Homer J Simpson

Lee Tyler

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2004, 10:19:56 AM »

In March 2000, WorldNetDaily reported that since Australia's widespread gun ban, violent crime had increased in the country.

WND reported that, although lawmakers responsible for passing the ban promised a safer country, the nation's crime statistics tell a different story:

-Countrywide, homicides are up 3.2 percent.
-Assaults are up 8.6 percent.
-Amazingly, armed robberies have climbed nearly 45 percent.
-In the Australian state of Victoria, gun homicides have climbed 300 percent.
-In the 25 years before the gun bans, crime in Australia had been dropping steadily.
-There has been a reported "dramatic increase" in home burglaries and assaults on the elderly.

Keep your blinders on, dude. Britain is having the same results due to similar legislation.  --LT
Nurse to doctor: "Doctor, there is a man in the waiting room who thinks he's invisible".

Doctor to nurse: "Nurse, tell him I can't see him"

kickerkeef

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2004, 09:18:50 PM »

an increase in homocides of 3.2 percent may seem notable until you consider that their are only about 60-70 deaths due to guns each year in australia. so if 2 or 3 extra people are killed this year there's your 3% increase. there has only been one gun murder in my city in the last 50 years. that's an increase of 100000000%, but does that mean my town's murder rate is on the rise? hardly.

a 3% increase of america's gun rate, on the other hand, is significant.

quote "-In the Australian state of Victoria, gun homicides have climbed 300 percent." once again, this is triple of fuck all!

quote "-There has been a reported "dramatic increase" in home burglaries and assaults on the elderly." this has nothing to do with the lack of guns, more to do with the dire situation of the lower socioeconomic group. ie corporate government screwin the poor.

quote "-Amazingly, armed robberies have climbed nearly 45 percent." same explanation as above.

so, dude, read the statistics in their proper context.
"Water, water everywhere. Let's all have a drink!"
Homer J Simpson

Lee Tyler

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2004, 10:47:41 PM »

Nurse to doctor: "Doctor, there is a man in the waiting room who thinks he's invisible".

Doctor to nurse: "Nurse, tell him I can't see him"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 20 queries.