R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: EQ on vocals  (Read 6772 times)

steins

Re: EQ on vocals
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2004, 02:02:20 PM »

Kjartan Meinseth wrote on Tue, 23 November 2004 17:58

We built a new Rainbow this summer, and are extreamly pleased with it.

Sorry to be off-topic, but have you got some pictures of the new place? Or maybe a new website is in the coming? It would be interesting to see how the new place looks.

Stein Tore

Kjartan Meinseth

« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2004, 10:30:21 PM »

Hi Stein.There's gone be pictures of the new place soon.I'll let you know.You?re more than welcome to visit anytime.
Kjartan Meinseth

John Ivan

« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2004, 11:16:23 PM »

Kjartan Meinseth wrote on Mon, 22 November 2004 05:27

I was not thinking about the standard things like HPF or taking out some lowmids,and adding Highs with a shelving.What do you do if the vocal sound brittle or hard?I find it very hard to get rid of nasty freq. in the highmids without it sounding unnatural.I?m not an newbie so don?t give me the standard lekture.

Hi;
I don't post here much but I sure learn a lot. So thanks for being here ya'll..

I Print vocals for pop and rock with a High pass filter and a comp to keep the levels sorta even with out killing it. {gentle here}. the rest is mic and pre choice. When it comes to getting the vocal to sit in the mix correctly, I find that the arrangement,panning,and carving the guitars,synths and what ever else might be stepping on the vocal is the way to go. In big,dense mixes,something has to be compromised {a lot of things,really} so, depending on the singer,I will try to make Him/Her the last thing I compromise by "making room" for them.. If you are consistently finding an "evil" spot in the vocal sound, something is wrong with how you are recording it. The room,The mic,The pre,the comp, the voice, where he/she stands.distance,something.

One could argue that the moment we reach for an EQ, the sound will be,at least to some extent,unnatural. I mean,It wont sound like it did before. What I am concerned with,is making it sound good. This means different things to different folks on different days. Right? Lecture Over :-}
"Transformation is no easy trick: It's what art promises and usually doesn't deliver." Garrison Keillor

ted nightshade

« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2004, 10:43:37 AM »

I've tackled such things before by using transformers and tubes to lose the edge without really changing the spectrum much.
Ted Nightshade aka Cowan

There's a sex industry too.
Or maybe you prefer home cookin'?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.