R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update....  (Read 1418 times)

j.hall

Update....
« on: November 16, 2004, 05:26:05 PM »

man, i must be a total IDIOT.

i've worked on amek consoles for about 4 years now....all with supertrue automation.

and for the life of me, i CAN NOT get the update function to work.

i've even sat there with the manual reading the description of what it does (thinking it must be different then other automation systems) and experimenting with it....NOTHING!!!!!!!!!

when i recall a mix to turn a vocal up a few db, i just want to go into "update", push the fader up a few db, and have all my rides and everything track with that......that's exactly how it's described in the manual.

but no, when i go into update and roll tape, it does NOTHING

NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mogwailoveyou

Re: Update....
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 12:44:13 AM »

that sucks man... if it makes you feel any better i have to figure out how to get good drum sounds out of a 57, at3035, fusion kick mic, dmp3, behringer mixer, and echo mia.  Very Happy then again it's not my job, but still it's been "fun."
mogwai love you and need you

drumsound

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 12:44:16 AM »

Re-boot?

j.hall

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 10:00:21 AM »

mogwailoveyou wrote on Wed, 17 November 2004 23:44

that sucks man... if it makes you feel any better i have to figure out how to get good drum sounds out of a 57, at3035, fusion kick mic, dmp3, behringer mixer, and echo mia.  Very Happy then again it's not my job, but still it's been "fun."

if your band is anything like your solo stuff, i'm sure you can find a way to print something unique and cool.

as far as drums go....it's not always about getting the best sound......it's about shaping the other sounds around the kit

if you can do that, then you can fool people into thinking the kit sounds AWESOME

i do it all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tony,
re-boot does nothing....i've worked on three different amek rigs and i've had this problem with every single one.

i found my fix yesterday though.

i'm not compressing the vocals on this record at all, i'm just riding faders....and it sounds much better to me.

update isn't working which is a real pain.....but supertrue had a feature (burried in a few menus) called "trim"....

i can select a track, or groupd of tracks (channels really), set a time code range (which means i don't have to do the whole tune if i don't want to) and then change their volume data in 1 db incriments, up or down.

i'm only doing +1 or 2 db, or -1 or 2 db, so i don't know how far i can push it yet.

the nice thing is, it's quicker then "updating" the entire song, and it move all the fades and changes accordingly.

gotta love it!!!

drumsound

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2004, 02:25:49 AM »

My auto claims it can do that, but I haven't been able to do it yet.  I can update just in sections and it works well.  I need to attempt some of the off-line features.  I'm convinced some of them are promises that never got put into action and some of them are "pilot error."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 21 queries.