R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C & C drums  (Read 2303 times)

xonlocust

C & C drums
« on: November 09, 2004, 02:17:06 PM »

so let's talk about them.  i just played a show with engine down and the guy had C&C drums which sounded fucking awesome. i know they're KC made.

http://www.candccustomdrums.com/

i can't afford them yet, but someday......

j.hall

Re: C & C drums
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 03:01:46 PM »

yeah....C&C kits are really great.

i've recorded many, all sound different, and all sound very, VERY good.

the drummer in my band is lusting after a C&C vista lite kit.

apparently bill hand tunes them himself.....i'm not talking about the heads........

he gets the plastic poured, mounts the hardware, then he spends days shaving off a bit tuning the actual shell.

problem is......with the way i perfomr (standing on the kick drum, knocking things over......

those drums can't take the abuse......bill told chris (my drummer) that if i stood on the kick it'd crack and break instantly.

i have no plans on ceasing to rock.

GREAT drums.......GREAT!!!

xonlocust

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 06:23:29 PM »

huh - that's good to know.  my main problem with buying ANY new drums is sorta the same - i just can't help from getting them banged up and can't imagine treating them with kid gloves.  at least with my kit now a) i don't really give a fuck and b) i like that it's ALMOST starting to become "vintage" Smile

j.hall

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2004, 10:00:02 AM »

no, your drums are old.....as are mine....

first thing i would do in your shoes is have my bearing edges re-cut, grease up all the lugs, and put new heads on everything.

if the drums still didn't sound the way you want, then i'd look into some other kits.

drums are by far the most expenssive instrument to play

a piece of formed brass cost 300 bucks......gimme a break!!!!!!!!!!

that's one small piece to the kit.....i have three guitars that cost under 300 each......and i got all 22 frets thrown in for that price.....AND the tuners!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahaha

takeout

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2004, 11:12:18 AM »

xonlocust wrote on Tue, 09 November 2004 23:23

huh - that's good to know.  my main problem with buying ANY new drums is sorta the same - i just can't help from getting them banged up and can't imagine treating them with kid gloves.  at least with my kit now a) i don't really give a fuck and b) i like that it's ALMOST starting to become "vintage" Smile

Nick -

Keep in mind that he's talking about C&C's VistaLite homages - they are thin plastic, not thick wood.  He is also talking about standing on the kick drum.  Not necessarily common circumstances.

jimmyjazz

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2004, 03:00:27 PM »

j.hall wrote on Wed, 10 November 2004 10:00

drums are by far the most expenssive instrument to play

There's a reason for this.  If drums were cheap, drummers would have more spare change and us normal folk might end up crossing paths with them out in the real world.    Very Happy

spankenstein

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2004, 11:16:36 AM »

I just recorded anoth C&C kit yesterday. I love these things. The snare drums are especially tasty. You can have them tuned up really high but there is still a fat woody sound to them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.