R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Speaking of Jefferson  (Read 27848 times)

lucey

Re: Speaking of Jefferson
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2004, 11:37:09 AM »

maarvold wrote on Tue, 09 November 2004 11:12

3. While we're at it, doesn't 380 tons of EXTREMELY highly explosive material qualify as a "weapon of mass destruction?"  Or am I being too unreasonable?  

You're being unreasonable .. looking for anything to justify the man ... and while you're at it don't misinterpret passion for hate.

Flies and honey is a cowards credo .. i know lots of people who say that .. and in every case it's  popularity motivation, not a truth motivation.

Care about truth and the furure of the world we leave our kids more than your own ass ?... step right up and be a free American.  Land of the free and home of the brave .. not land of the manipulated, the zealots, the bigots, and home of the ass kissers and bullies.

Now if there WERE 380 tons (which there were) then Bush LOST THEM and has LIED about it ever since. Period.

Even if they were there and guarded by the military (which they were), that does not equal the spin of fear he made about WMDs.  Those are not WMDs ... just Ws.

maarvold wrote on Tue, 09 November 2004 11:12

2. Get over it: your candidate didn't "meet his burden".  Based on a lot of what I've read and heard, it is assumed that anyone who didn't vote for Kerry is in love with GWB.  Totally not true.  There were times (a few) where Kerry appeared 'presidential', but he never convinced me that he had a rudder; he was all over the place.  This was a problem I could not get past.  

Yea, having a brain is tough.  Life is so simple after all, it just confuses things to make it seem all complicated with anything less than a soundbyte.

The supposed rudder problem was manufactured and if you missed that the burden is on you.

Brian Lucey
Magic Garden Mastering

"the economy is a wholly owned subsidiary of the ecology" - unknown

t(h)ik

« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2004, 11:48:21 AM »

What I like about the direction of this thread now is the focus on the issues and not the "venting"....

In reality it is up to us as Americans to grab the stick....with the bitterness of the left and the disappointment of the center, maybe we could actually be involved enough to get some decent candidates next time.....like someone who can speak english or is not an airbag.....three fukken purple hearts....and windsurfing at his age.....hmmm maybe that's realistic.....but um not likely, then you listen to him run his yap.....yikes....

The point made about the right vs. legal....very good...man it's almost approaching the level of the other forums now....

C'mon gang we can do better than Hillary vs. god only knows what ding dong the Republicans will put up there........

Fukk man, why not a fukken real mother fukker....270+ million and we can't get someone with their shit together....

lemme nough bros...

TIK
I used to be self effacing, but I couldn't even do that right....
www.pmtstudios.com

3D Audio

« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2004, 12:20:52 PM »

Gideon wrote on Mon, 08 November 2004 22:21

JamSync wrote on Mon, 08 November 2004 11:39

3D Audio wrote on Mon, 08 November 2004 15:48

Quote:

I think the people that voted for bush are very, very afraid. Afraid of alien attacks, terrorism, AND change. Afraid that some of the hatred that foreign policy has been sewing could be harvested while being in low guard...

Hans Mues

I'm not afraid. I have peace in the midst of the world's turmoil.

I agree.

"Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once.
Of all the wonders that I yet have heard.
It seems to me most strange that men should fear;
Seeing that death, a necessary end,
Will come when it will come."

Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar"

"You are, however, master of my dead body, take it."

Epictetus on Tyranny (from the Discourses translated by W.A. Oldfather, Loeb Classic Library)

What a great quote. I'll remember that one.

lucey

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2004, 01:00:52 PM »

i dig music wrote on Tue, 09 November 2004 10:41

There is more to this then meets the eye.

One might say the same for your anti-gay family argument.

Quote:

Even though I agree that what people do behind close doors is their own business and no one else's, it has nothing to do with marriage and everything to do with redefining the family unit and family laws for a group that has a different sexual preference then the vast majority.

Define marriage?  Is it any old man and woman in front of God and State?

OR is it a loving basis to raise adults to be contributors to the world?

You think gays are inept at this?  Bases on what evidence?  We have no evidence as we have too few examples.

I know the evidence for straight people is not so good.  ANd it's PLENTIFUL.

Kids on drugs, and most of them prescribed by the parents shrink.  Abuse, abuse, and more abuse.  Divorce in the 50% range causing children more pain then needs to be explained here.  Need I go on?

Traditional families are not all they are cracked up to be.  Christian values are the main cause in many cases, with repression and reactions to same as the cause.

What the hell makes you think that two rug munchers and their kid are going to hurt YOU and YOUR family?  Maybe they will teach you something?

If you are able to learn, that is ...
Brian Lucey
Magic Garden Mastering

t(h)ik

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2004, 01:25:53 PM »

They could at a minimum brush up our technique....pun intended....
www.pmtstudios.com

i dig music

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2004, 02:26:31 PM »

Brian,

I really don't appreciate your hi strung verb-age,

so,

let's just agree to respectively disagree.
R. Steele

Gideon

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2004, 02:56:38 PM »

3D Audio wrote on Tue, 09 November 2004 12:20

Gideon wrote on Mon, 08 November 2004 22:21

JamSync wrote on Mon, 08 November 2004 11:39

3D Audio wrote on Mon, 08 November 2004 15:48

Quote:

I think the people that voted for bush are very, very afraid. Afraid of alien attacks, terrorism, AND change. Afraid that some of the hatred that foreign policy has been sewing could be harvested while being in low guard...

Hans Mues

I'm not afraid. I have peace in the midst of the world's turmoil.

I agree.

"Cowards die many times before their deaths;
The valiant never taste of death but once.
Of all the wonders that I yet have heard.
It seems to me most strange that men should fear;
Seeing that death, a necessary end,
Will come when it will come."

Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar"

"You are, however, master of my dead body, take it."

Epictetus on Tyranny (from the Discourses translated by W.A. Oldfather, Loeb Classic Library)

What a great quote. I'll remember that one.

And not just empty words; before he became a great Stoic philosopher, Epictetus had been a slave.
Gideon Egger
May Ying Music, Inc.
Hell's Kitchen NYC

I put 4 compressors in series and i got more Milk and Cream and Thick sound out of the audio but why?

-Walters

MedicineDog

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2004, 02:57:48 PM »

i dig music wrote on Tue, 09 November 2004 11:26

so,

Ah, yes...  When the going gets tough, the "tough" cop-out.

Jeez, you post the most flamboyant message in this mess and your reaction to an opposing view is to take your ball and go home?  Nice.

The conclusions that I draw from your retort is that a) You have no reasonable, thoughtful argument in favor of your position and b) You probably didn't understand the "hi strung verb-age" in the first place.

What I will add to this is that your belief tells me that you are one scary, intolerant individual.  You do your ilk well, sir.
-Aaron Anderson

"Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge" D. Henley

lucey

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2004, 04:20:21 PM »

i dig music wrote on Tue, 09 November 2004 14:26

Brian,

so,

I agree that you espouse fear and bigotry.

And I respectfully disagree to do so, or to doubt the benefits of gay/lesbian parenting on a society that needs lessons on tolerance more than just about anything else right now.

God Bless You,

(that's God the Divine, the Creator with no name and no religious affiliation.

God the all knowing and benevolent ... the Great Intelligence behind all lesser intelligence.  The Source and Destination, the Endless as the All Ending.

God the Universal Light ... bless you and bring Wisdom and Truth to your attachment with small minded fear and control issues in our wounded and changing times.)

Brian Lucey
Magic Garden Mastering

Brian Middleton

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2004, 04:23:29 PM »

Quote:

Well, eventually Lance and Steve ask if they can arrange a play-date with your boys as well as others in the hood. Then they want to do sleep overs and away trips. it seems Lance and Steve just love having all the boys around.

This may be news to you, but gay parents are probably just as concerned about their kids being targeted by sexual predators as you are. Why wouldn't they be? If this idea is foreign to you, it's probably because you think of gay people in one-dimensionally sexual terms. Wake up and smell the banality: Gay people have lives, too, and they're not all about sex. They're about going to work, paying bills, keeping the house clean, hanging out with friends, being involved in the community, and--sometimes--keeping Junior fed and clothed and helping him with his homework. They are not about molesting Junior, except in a few pathological cases...just like with straight people.

I know several gay couples with kids, and they LOVE their children. That's "love," as in "care about, take pride and joy in, give guidance & protection to"...also occasionally as in "get driven totally screaming crazy by"...but not as in "want to do the nasty with." Can you get your mind around that?
Brian Middleton
Night Kitchen
Dorchester, Mass.

t(h)ik

« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2004, 04:54:06 PM »

Wow

Uhh

Uhhh

Mind Opening...

uhh

uhhh

whew

www.pmtstudios.com

t(h)ik

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2004, 05:00:25 PM »

Hey Brian,

That's not the god who calls people asshole as well is it bro....

lol

that's lol with you I hope, not at you....

bastard....

joking

love ya

TIK
www.pmtstudios.com

Barry Threw

« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2004, 08:18:15 PM »

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
-H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)

barefoot

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2004, 01:57:52 AM »

Brent wrote on Mon, 08 November 2004 11:38

I am a republican, I did vote for Bush, but only because of the stance on abortion.  Kerry talks out of his crack.  He says that he has morals, is a Catholic, believes that birth starts at conception, but murder is ok?

Brent, I hear yah, but you know this abortion thing is small potatoes!  Did you know that every fertility clinic in the country is murdering thousands of babies a year!!!?  In vitro fertilization, it's genocide man!  Maybe we should form a protest group?  Then we can picket outside those evil clinics and expose them for the death camps they are.   And when we see  the legions hypocritical church going couples walking into the clinics, we can yell "baby killers!"  
Thomas Barefoot
 Barefoot Recording Monitors

David Schober

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2004, 08:50:35 AM »

barefoot wrote on Thu, 11 November 2004 00:57

Brent wrote on Mon, 08 November 2004 11:38

I am a republican, I did vote for Bush, but only because of the stance on abortion.  Kerry talks out of his crack.  He says that he has morals, is a Catholic, believes that birth starts at conception, but murder is ok?

Brent, I hear yah, but you know this abortion thing is small potatoes!  Did you know that every fertility clinic in the country is murdering thousands of babies a year!!!?  In vitro fertilization, it's genocide man!  Maybe we should form a protest group?  Then we can picket outside those evil clinics and expose them for the death camps they are.   And when we see  the legions hypocritical church going couples walking into the clinics, we can yell "baby killers!"  

You're exactly correct.  Which is why the Vatican is opposed to both proceedures.  While you may think you validated abortion by equating it with IVF, you actually have shown both to be what they are.  At least IVF is an attempt to create life and give couples children who cannot otherwise have them.  Personally, I'd prefer to see them adopt, but I must admit, I've not walked in their shoes.
David Schober
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 21 queries.