R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New RADAR post - Thanks!  (Read 4322 times)

PookyNMR

Re: New RADAR post - Thanks!
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2004, 11:38:43 AM »

I haven't thought about RADAR for a while.  I forgot how nice their stuff is.  We have 2 guys in town here with RADAR systems and everyone agrees, they sound amazing.

When it's time for me to upgrade, I'll give RADAR some serious thought.  I think I'll need to do some more reasearch on the matter though to find out exactly what it can and can't do vs. a DAW system.  

Anyone that can shed light on it's limitations and where it shines, the info would be appreciated.

Nathan
Nathan Rousu

bhenderson

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2004, 09:33:06 AM »

pipelineaudio wrote on Mon, 01 November 2004 15:43

how do you send and recieve 96khz thru adat I/O with RADAR?

The adat card only shows up to 50k on the iz website

Is there a double wire option?

Yes.
Barry, iZ President

Mike O

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2004, 09:47:30 AM »

Is this a new ADAT/optical card or does the old one work?

bhenderson

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2004, 09:38:48 AM »

The old one works.
Barry, iZ President

Mike O

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2004, 03:17:15 PM »

The "old" card has three pipes in and three out. If the user upgrades to the new Adren card, how do they move a project of 24 tracls of say 96K audio over ADAT?

Thanks -

bhenderson

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2004, 03:26:35 PM »

As mentioned in my response to "pipeline", the ADAT card has a dual wire option.  By definition, Dual Wire(I call it dual photon since there is actually no wires with lightpipe) means that you are sending 1/2 the tracks with twice the data.  Therefore with a 24 channel card you are sending 12 channels with 2 48kHz data steams for each channel.  So to transfer 24 tracks at 96kHz you would do 2 passes on dual photon lightpipe.

Our ADAT also has a Quad Photon mode so you can do 192kHz.  In this case you would have to do four 6 track passes.
Barry, iZ President

ted nightshade

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2004, 07:27:43 PM »

PookyNMR wrote on Wed, 03 November 2004 08:38

I haven't thought about RADAR for a while.  I forgot how nice their stuff is.  We have 2 guys in town here with RADAR systems and everyone agrees, they sound amazing.

When it's time for me to upgrade, I'll give RADAR some serious thought.  I think I'll need to do some more reasearch on the matter though to find out exactly what it can and can't do vs. a DAW system.  

Anyone that can shed light on it's limitations and where it shines, the info would be appreciated.

Nathan

If you're recording music with good musicians and don't need to do lots of intricate editing, RADAR might be for you. It's not trying to be a DAW, just a solid multitrack recorder. The idea is, what you can do with a 2" machine, you can do with the RADAR. Not trying to be a whole new paradigm. The session controller lets you work efficiently without a monitor, which I like.
Ted Nightshade aka Cowan

There's a sex industry too.
Or maybe you prefer home cookin'?
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 20 queries.