R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: MySpace  (Read 3573 times)

Gregg Seibert

Re: MySpace
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2004, 10:56:50 AM »

I agree that it's unlikely to cause problems for almost everyone.  I just didn't like a couple of the clauses, but if they don't bother you, I agree that the only bad publicity is if they spell your name wrong!
Without music, life would be a mistake - Nietzsche

mogwailoveyou

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2004, 04:07:30 AM »

j.hall wrote on Thu, 28 October 2004 09:58

i'll take any exposure i can get!!

if my band ends up being teh favorite local highschool band that's fine with me.

i just want to grow the fan base as much as possible.

true, i guess i'll give 'er a shot. i just know that whenever i meet someone who's in a band and they send me to hear their music if it's a myspace like site i subconsciously assume they are a lesser band than one that has a nice site... but networking is most essential. i remember back in the day when mp3.com was around i thought it was amazing if there was a band that was good on there, it's like they had to be exceptional for me to think that they weren't just a bunch of kids trying to be the next get up kids meets radiohead meets coldplay meets the deftones with "oldschool" punk influences (greenday, rancid, etc.)  Rolling Eyes  that's not to say that there weren't bands that proved me wrong, but i'm just afraid that there are other people out there that have the preconceptions i have.
mogwai love you and need you

Conner

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2004, 08:19:30 AM »

I see it as a trade-off. You take maybe 90% bad to the 10% good IMHO. But its that 10% that keeps you going back and remembering why the hell you're even on there in the first place.
I have a sight up, and I'll be posting some stuff soon, (after checking with the client of course).

On a side note I just got my first record review so I'll probably put up a link just for fun.
Kind of exciting though.

-Conner
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 20 queries.