R/E/P Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Here's where I stand...  (Read 23355 times)

George Massenburg

Here's where I stand...
« on: October 24, 2004, 06:15:42 PM »

Please accept my apology in advance for an off-topic post.  

I think it's important for our many friends world-wide to understand where many of us stand, and that we've got to stand in the face of a mountain of preposterous disinformation and speak our minds.

This is a transcript of the editorial from our nation's paper of record, The New York Times, of Sunday, October 17th, 2004.

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/17/opinion/17sun1.html?ex=109 8763200&en=37600dd432bfba99&ei=5070&oref=login

Markus Fischer

Re: Here's where I stand...
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 06:46:40 PM »

the world is watching:
http://www.osce.org/odihr/elections/field_activities/?electi on=2004us

well, it tries to...

RMoore

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2004, 07:52:54 PM »

FWIW - I think 'you know who' has strong chances of winning, maybe by actual votes this time,  due in part to the  climate of fear created and successful misinformation - propaganda tactics helped along significantly by adjunct media wings of 'the party' like FOX network TV.  

People's Republic of Ryan

http://www.myspace.com/twilightcircus
 http://www.youtube.com/user/Ryonik

By the end of today, another day is gone forever. You will never get it back.
We must never let up for a second. Work harder at every single thing - Terry Manning

You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take - Wayne Gretzky

natpub

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2004, 08:34:56 PM »

Bravo, George.
Kurt Thompson
Vibrational Arts, Inc.
Blue Skyway Music
Sonic Sorcery Studios
Austin,TX/Columbus,OH

electroplastiformer

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2004, 08:50:29 PM »

Ryan Moore wrote on Sun, 24 October 2004 19:52

FWIW - I think 'you know who' has strong chances of winning, maybe by actual votes this time,  due in part to the  climate of fear created and successful misinformation - propaganda tactics helped along significantly by adjunct media wings of 'the party' like FOX network TV.  

I wouldn't worry too much.  We've still got the big three and CNN pretty firmly lodged in our corner as always, and that's who most people listen to anyway.  

bobkatz

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2004, 10:53:57 PM »

Bravo, George! Stand up and be counted, and more important---I urge everyone to vote for Kerry, for all the reasons expressed in the NY Times Editorial.

Anyone who denies the points in the editorial is truly in denial about how the current administration is running this country. And I mean "running".

BK
There are two kinds of fools,
One says-this is old and therefore good.
The other says-this is new and therefore better."

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of
electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

dvuckovic

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2004, 12:24:08 AM »

Dejan Vuckovic

Studio Barba

James Slanger

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2004, 03:57:19 AM »

bobkatz wrote on Sun, 24 October 2004 21:53

...how the current administration is running this country. And I mean "running".

BK

Quite frankly - as a patriot and as someone with immediate family in the armed services - I feel the phrase should read '...how the current administration is raping this country.'  They do this openly and with thinly veiled arrogance.

To those outside of the States and with whom we share the world:

There are many among us who realize ours is currently a culture of dominance. Our system is flawed and we often confuse privileges with rights, almost always forgetting responsibility.

Combine massive economic and military power with those who all too eagerly foster and exploit voter apathy and we get the events of the last four years.  With hope, Kerry will be elected, and we'll at least be able to say we've taken a step in the right direction.

/jim
Stop. Think. Listen.

Peter Simonsen

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2004, 02:59:44 PM »

Markus Fischer wrote on Sun, 24 October 2004 23:46

the world is watching:
well, it tries to...

You know..I dont think theres a bit of land anywhere in the world at this time who is not watching !!! I mean here in my neck of the woods..in the small kingdom of Denmark the battle is on the news all the time. One cant seem to ecape it *S*

Good luck Wink

Kind regards

Peter
http://www.psl-design.dk

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.>>Søren kirkegaard>
>>Its not a dream Peter is real<<

Nika Aldrich

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2004, 03:45:46 PM »

dvuckovic wrote on Mon, 25 October 2004 05:24

Being a citizen of a country bombed by both Bushes...

http://www.zmag.org/Zmag/articles/february02chomsky.htm
http://www.chomsky.info/articles/20041002.htm

I get to hear Noam Chomsky speak at a lecture this week.  The lecture is entitled:

"Illegal but Legitimate: A Dubious Doctrine for the Times"

I'm looking forward to it.

Nika.
"Digital Audio Explained" now available on sale.

Click above for sample chapter, table of contents, and more.

Luis F. Garcia

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2004, 08:15:14 PM »

bobkatz wrote on Sun, 24 October 2004 19:53

Anyone who denies the points in the editorial is truly in denial about how the current administration is running this country. And I mean "running".

BK

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen! I do not consider myself to be a "neocon", I am definitely not rich, and by no means do I believe that the President has had a flawless first term.  Nevertheless, I am voting for George W. Bush.  I've read the editorial linked above and have heard much of the content communicated before. Contrary to Mr. Katz's assertion I believe that many of the points in the editorial can be reasonably debated and shown to be erroneous at best, and perhaps even disingenuous. Well, that's where I stand anyway.  

bobkatz

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2004, 09:14:27 PM »

Luis F. Garcia wrote on Mon, 25 October 2004 20:15

bobkatz wrote on Sun, 24 October 2004 19:53

BK

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen! I do not consider myself to be a "neocon", I am definitely not rich, and by no means do I believe that the President has had a flawless first term.  Nevertheless, I am voting for George W. Bush.  I've read the editorial linked above and have heard much of the content communicated before. Contrary to Mr. Katz's assertion I believe that many of the points in the editorial can be reasonably debated and shown to be erroneous at best, and perhaps even disingenuous. Well, that's where I stand anyway.  

OK! Well, that's what makes this country a democracy. Well, Luis, what do you thiunk of this editorial from the Orlando Sentinel, which is supporting a democratic candidate for President for the first time in 40 years.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/opinion/orl-edped1241024 04oct24,0,6815713.story?coll=orl-home-headlines

Or this one, from the President's hometown newspaper!

http://www.iconoclast-texas.com/Columns/Editorial/editorial3 9.htm

If you're still not convinced, and you're positive that you're voting on the issues and the facts as you see them and your views are not full of rationalizations, then more power to you!
There are two kinds of fools,
One says-this is old and therefore good.
The other says-this is new and therefore better."

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number of
electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Level

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2004, 10:18:26 PM »

Roland, the way the system is "set-up" the common Man has no voice in the deligates. It is a private party.

Lieberman was the one that should be getting the Democratic vote. Heads better than Kerry, manyfold.
http://balancedmastering.com

"Listen and Learn"
---Since 1975---

JackJohnston

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2004, 10:35:51 PM »

Funniest thing I've heard lately...

"If I'm gonna get screwed, I want it to at least be by somebody who can form a complete sentence."

Extreme Mixing

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2004, 01:13:02 AM »

Level wrote on Mon, 25 October 2004 19:18

Roland, the way the system is "set-up" the common Man has no voice in the deligates. It is a private party.

Lieberman was the one that should be getting the Democratic vote. Heads better than Kerry, manyfold.

Why Lieberman?  I thought he did a pathetic job debating Cheney 4 years ago.  I know he is one of the few conservative democrats, but has anything changed with him in the last 4?

I, for one, am not voting for Kerry so much as I'm voting against Bush and the neocon chicken-hawks that roost with him.  If they have the world in such great control, then why the silence on the recent bombings in Egypt, and those in Russia?  Those brutal terrorist acts are linked directly to Osama.  Sadam was just a brutal dictator.  There are plenty of his ilk around, and yet we do nothing about them.

Steve
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 19 queries.